Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (10 pts) 1 "helpful" answer available (5 pts)
42,945 Views 15 Replies Last post: May 4, 2011 6:34 PM by lipmag RSS Go to original post
  1 2 Previous Next
Level 5 15,543 posts since
May 4, 2008
Currently Being Moderated
15. May 4, 2011 6:34 PM in response to: SamanthaTheWriter
Re: Best option for HARDCOVER children's book?

SamanthaTheWriter wrote:

Thanks so so so much for your help and research! I would prefer a different trim size, but since the largest industry standard is 8 x 10, i chose that. I would love a dust jacket, but I'm sure that is much more expensive.

"Industry Standard" does not apply to LSI. They have specific trim sizes, but all are available for full distribution. A dust jacket costs an extra $1.55, but the largest trim you can have with a jacket is 6.14 x 9.21".

I don't exactly understand what you mean about the discount. Can you explain this further, please?

This is the discount you offer to the wholesaler (Ingram) off the list price. With CS, Amazon takes 40% discount of your list price; with LSI, you can set a 20% discount so you make a higher profit. If you want your book to be made available to bookstores, you need to set it at 55% and returnable (LSI can facilitate returns at the author's expense; CS does not facilitate returns at all).

Would I be able to take my ISBN from CreateSpace and bring it to Lightning Source?

That depends which one you bought. I think you can only use the $99 ISBN outside CS. The $10 and free ISBNs can only be used with CS.

Michelle

----------

bookow.com -- painless print and ebook formatting, custom cover design, and professional editing services

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...