This discussion is archived
43,654 Views 79 Replies Last post: Mar 6, 2012 5:17 PM by Seal RSS
  1 2 3 ... 6 Previous Next
CreateSpaceKate Representative 369 posts since
Nov 5, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 18, 2012 9:08 AM

We've Discontinued Pro Plan & Improved the Distribution Setup Process

We're happy to announce that Pro Plan has been discontinued and now it's free for ALL CreateSpace authors to receive the higher royalty payouts and lower pricing on owner orders that was previously available through Pro Plan! Any existing books that were previously on the Standard Plan and new books that you set up will automatically receive the benefit of improved royalty payouts and lower unit costs on orders. Since Pro Plan is gone, we've removed the star icon from Member Dashboards and all books now have the same book icon. Visit our royalty calculator and order calculator to determine the rates for your book(s).

Books previously enrolled in Expanded Distribution will continue to remain available through the selected channels, and if you'd like to enroll a new book in Expanded Distribution, it's now only $25.00. Also, books previously enrolled in Pro Plan but not enrolled in Expanded Distribution can be enrolled in any of the Expanded Distribution channels for free if the book meets the eligibility criteria of the channel.

We've also made some improvements to the Distribute section of the book Guided title setup. Distribution is now separated into three steps:

1. Channels - Books will be automatically enrolled in our free Standard Distribution channels (Amazon.com and CreateSpace eStore) and for $25 you can choose to enroll eligible books in Expanded Distribution channels (Bookstores and Online Retailers, Libraries and Academic Institutions, and CreateSpace Direct)
  2. List Price - Select your list price and view your royalty earnings
  3. Description - Enter your book's description which will be included on your product detail page on Amazon.com

We hope you enjoy our new free rates for book publishing which you can learn more about here. As always, don't hesitate to connect with Member Support if you have any questions.

Level 5 3,510 posts since
Sep 17, 2008
1. Jan 18, 2012 9:27 AM in response to: CreateSpaceKate
Re: We've Discontinued Pro Plan & Improved the Distribution Setup Process

Kate - I'm still 'digesting' this!

Eric

Eric V. Van Der Hope | #1 International Bestselling Author, Publishing & Book Marketing Strategist

Available From Amazon: "Mastering Niche Marketing"

After Purchasing the Book - Get Your Free Gifts Here: http://www.MasteringNicheMarketing.com

Read Eric's Latest Blog Posts: "Eric's Book Marketing Minute"

Connect w/ Eric on his personal Facebook profile: http://www.facebook.com/ericvanderhope

Connect w/ Eric on his Facebook Fanpage: http://www.facebook.com/BookLaunchMarketing

Connect w/ Eric on his Twitter profile: http://www.twitter.com/ericvanderhope

Connect w/ Eric on his LinkedIn profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/ericvanderhope

Level 5 15,842 posts since
Mar 8, 2009
2. Jan 18, 2012 9:33 AM in response to: CreateSpaceKate

The only problem I have with this is the star allowed me to see which books that I had not enrolled in the Proplan were selling and it helped me determine which books to upgrade. Now with the same icon for all books I have to keep track of that in my head or on a piece of paper. It's great that all books are now lower priced, but the stars helped.

Seal

FREE OpenOffice Interior & Cover Templates available at:

http://www.stevenwjohnson.com

Level 0 62 posts since
May 24, 2009
3. Jan 18, 2012 9:37 AM in response to: CreateSpaceKate

So... if we signed up for Pro Plan, will we be getting a partial refund?  I just bought the service for 2 books at the end of November.  That's $30 of unnecessary expense.

Level 2 948 posts since
Jan 15, 2010
4. Jan 18, 2012 9:42 AM in response to: CreateSpaceKate

This is good new for me as I have been debating whether to buy the Pro Plan for my new book. The only reason I was going to get it was because of the cheaper cost of books for me and direct sales through my website - now I don't need to bother. I don't really use expanded distribution as I sell most of my books through Amazon or my own website anyway.

Good to know

Dune

Level 0 3 posts since
Jul 22, 2011
5. Jan 18, 2012 9:44 AM in response to: MamaKate

I'm wondering about refunds, as well - I just signed up for it about 6 wks ago.

Level 0 1 posts since
Apr 11, 2011
6. Jan 18, 2012 9:48 AM in response to: CreateSpaceKate

I would like a refund, too.

Level 0 2 posts since
Jul 23, 2011
7. Jan 18, 2012 9:51 AM in response to: CreateSpaceKate

I signed up and paid for it this morning!

I haven't gotten any benefits - indeed, I just chunked $39 into the garbage.

Really really important that I either get some benefit or a full refund.

Thanks.

Level 1 14 posts since
Sep 5, 2009
8. Jan 18, 2012 10:00 AM in response to: CreateSpaceKate

I understand that business decisions are made on a regular basis. But I signed up for a Pro Plan yesterday. Now you're offering 5 free books. That's a $16 value for an unfortunate decision I made yesterday. My book is not even approved yet - which normally takes a day. It seems to me that a refund should certainly be in order for books that have not even been approved by you.

Level 1 24 posts since
Jan 30, 2011
9. Jan 18, 2012 10:10 AM in response to: ShopFor

I want a 14 dollar refund even though I signed up in November I think everyone should be entitled to a refund who has signed up in the past few months to a year.

We signed up for a benefit and it is being yanked away. When my bank discontinued the rewards program I signed up for they refunded me money even though it was 9 months after the fee was paid.    

Level 2 473 posts since
Nov 4, 2008
10. Jan 18, 2012 10:10 AM in response to: CreateSpaceKate

will we still the the same royalty percentage on our future books enrolled in the EDC as we had under the pro plan or will they be scalled back?

Level 2 99 posts since
Jan 25, 2011
11. Jan 18, 2012 10:13 AM in response to: ShopFor

Administrative refund headaches aside (I'm ~25% into my first year, so it's only a mild issue), my concern is whether this signals an eventual change in royalty structures to make up for what was effectively a membership fee?

Dan

VOQ Training for Cross Country & Track, by Dan Kaplan

Level 5 15,842 posts since
Mar 8, 2009
12. Jan 18, 2012 10:25 AM in response to: dkap

I just double checked my dashboard and Not Much of a Crime (Proplaned) is still $5.12 my cost and The Man from Bar-20 dropped from $6.80 to $4.09. I see no change in the NMoaC price and a reduction in the new book I just published.

I understand the - for lack of a better word - anger by the people who just signed up, even a few months ago, but all things considered (especially if some type refund can be worked out) I think this is a winner and the EDC has dropped to $25 per title.

Seal

FREE OpenOffice Interior & Cover Templates available at:

http://www.stevenwjohnson.com

Level 1 21 posts since
Sep 23, 2010
13. Jan 18, 2012 10:28 AM in response to: CreateSpaceKate

If you buy something at Wal-Mart and the next day it goes on sale, do you go in and demand a partial refund?  I wouldn't be expecting a refund, and certainly not demanding it.  I'm a fan of getting money though, so if they want to that's great!

From everything I've seen this is a great change.  You get the great rates without having to shell out $49 AND $5 a year.  No annual fee!  And the EDC only costs $25.  A lot of people don't like EDC so it's nice that it's a separate option instead of being grouped into the Pro Plan.

The reason Amazon is doing this is simple: Amazon wants to rule the world.  That's why they added the KDP Select program to make authors sell eBooks solely through them, and no they're making it this much easier for them as well.  Fine with me!  I'm just wondering if anyone is every going to stand up to rival them?

Level 1 55 posts since
Oct 5, 2008
14. Jan 18, 2012 10:32 AM in response to: Seal

This is great news. I renamed my novel and didn't republish in print because of the charge. Now I will. Thanks.

Go to original post 1 2 3 ... 6 Previous Next

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...