Skip navigation
This discussion is archived
32,103 Views 84 Replies Last post: Apr 13, 2012 8:04 AM by at00 RSS Go to original post
  1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next
Level 0 92 posts since
Feb 22, 2010
Currently Being Moderated
75. Feb 2, 2012 2:35 PM in response to: melodyanne
Re: What do you think of Kindle's new lending program

If you spent 700 to correct mistakes, how much do you expect to make on sales? More? Beak-even, or loss?

I can't seem to find one author here who is making money.

I only sold three hard cover books, not even two dollars. But I was told my book had made it to many desk in the gov., due to its nature, and even Obama seems to be getting some of his material from it.  Makes you wonder, doesn't it?

Level 0 15 posts since
Dec 31, 2008
76. Feb 11, 2012 1:25 AM in response to: melodyanne

My sales have plummeted under the lending programme. Down fro 100 a month to 2-3

Level 0 92 posts since
Feb 22, 2010
78. Feb 16, 2012 6:47 AM in response to: melodyanne

That isn't so bad, if you mean that you're making about a hundred dollars a day from your sales, and that is seven days a week.

Is this the case?  And do you mean actual books or kindle or whoever?

Also, did you go to Google Books or Ibooks or did you mean throught Amazon alone with your 100 per day sales?

And how do you market your book?

Any tricks we should know about?

Level 0 92 posts since
Feb 22, 2010
80. Mar 30, 2012 12:36 PM in response to: melodyanne

How did you market your sales up to about 100 books a day?

Level 1 143 posts since
Sep 23, 2010
82. Apr 13, 2012 7:05 AM in response to: melodyanne

To melodyanne: I just read your first book and I liked it. I don't understand why Harlequin did not publish your books. Is it because you had a series of books?

I also checked out your website and it is really nice. I'm still not sure if the lending program will help in sales. You have now lots of customers who buy your books, and  I think your sales will grow because more and more will find your books - not because of free offers.

Level 1 143 posts since
Sep 23, 2010
84. Apr 13, 2012 8:04 AM in response to: melodyanne

Hello, Melody anne. Thanks for a quick reply. Do you think the lending program has helped you?

I read some of the mean comments you had, but some were also quite funny! I think some of your customers were buying the book

because they were free and not because they were looking for romance books!

It's so great to hear about a success story like yours!!!

I wrote the children's books with a different pen name and now I use another pen name for romance books.

This book that I just published, is the first of a 3-book-series. but the price is not updated yet, it's supposed to be $2.99 in kindle.

and a new blog  bobbierobins.blogspot.com

One, Two, Three, Four, Five - A romantic thriller, link:

http://www.amazon.com/One-Three-Four-Five-ebook/dp/B007SOH4EG/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1334329151&sr=1-1

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...