Skip navigation

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (10 pts) 2 "helpful" answers available (5 pts)
363,812 Views 810 Replies Last post: Apr 23, 2014 12:15 AM by Bennylaoshi RSS Go to original post
  1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 ... 55 Previous Next
Level 0 10 posts since
Jun 12, 2010
Currently Being Moderated
555. Dec 15, 2011 9:58 AM in response to: Starman10
Re: PDF conversion and submission problems?

Still not getting the right cover from Amazon.  The colors are all off!  I wanted to check on things so I went to Staples and had them print the cover from the pdf file I submitted---and their printing was perfect.  All the colors were correct. With Amazon, the pure green was more like a red-green (close but no cigar).  On another cover, the bright yellow (on the words but not the graphics) turned a little golden.  The new color produced by Amazon is nice but on the red background it cannot be seen so well.  Not sure what is going on but I hope they can improve their machines.

Level 0 5 posts since
Aug 11, 2010
556. Dec 20, 2011 12:22 AM in response to: SD26

I'm using Word to convert my already written, typed, formatted document to PDF, for upload. And if my fonts actually embed correctly, it adds an additional blank page where none is wanted. HELP!

Level 3 735 posts since
May 10, 2008
557. Dec 20, 2011 4:30 AM in response to: beautiful_randomness

@beautiful_randomness:

MSWord tends to cause the addition of extra pages when there are more than 2 sections. If this is the case with your book, try removing one. One section for half-title, title, copyright, dedication pages, and one for the prose with pagination tends to work well.

Level 5 14,268 posts since
Sep 5, 2009
558. Dec 20, 2011 4:59 AM in response to: beautiful_randomness

Take a look at your other post, What fonts can I use, https://www.createspace.com/en/community/message/146862#146862

Walton

Level 1 372 posts since
Apr 20, 2009
559. Dec 21, 2011 10:28 AM in response to: Tammi

I don't know what particular software you're interested in. I use acrobat by adobe. All it needs is click of a button at the top bar  after opening the document in msWord. Unfortunately, it is not free  software. If someone needs help badly, I may be able to help you convert  your msWord document to pdf. And, of course, free of any obligation or  charge. Happy holiday season everyone.

Level 0 4 posts since
Jan 2, 2012
560. Jan 4, 2012 2:57 AM in response to: SD26

Hi and thanks for the offer of help.

I am having problems with the bleed. I am formatting the interior of a children's book with will have an image as the background on each page.

Excuse my ignorance but I just don't get how to get the measurement right. The page looks great in Word and in PDF but then when I upload it CS kepps telling me that image is too big - spilling. Is ther an option somewhere like saying, "YES I want the image to bleed!" If you answerd this question before apologies for bothering you with it again

Many thanks.

Colm

Level 5 14,268 posts since
Sep 5, 2009
561. Jan 4, 2012 6:06 AM in response to: WaterlooBelgium

First, if you are relying on the InteriorReviewer, don't. It is unreliable regarding images, even if they are there, let alone bleeds.

Review your PDF yourself. Make sure the trim size is correct (either mouse over the lower left of the Reader screen, or File > Properties > Description).  Then submit the file. Let a person review the files. Ignore the InteriorReviewer.

If you have questions regarding bleeds, take a look at Bleeds , free, 19 page, illustrated guide to bleeds and margins, do's and don't's for CreateSpace.

Walton

Mechanics & Punctuation, free, 20 page guide to everything punctuation  Build Your Book, a free, 98 page guide to designing your book;  CS Digital understand CS digital possibilities; GIMP, free, tutorials, GIMP, GIMP Help, excerpts from GIMP Supremacy Supremacy;  Bleeds, free, 19 page, illustrated guide to bleeds and margins, do's and don't's for CreateSpace;  Contact for graphics, design, and typesetting help.  Disclaimer: all statements of apparent fact in this post are empirical inferences based on observational data. These are idiosyncratic in nature and have not necessarily been subject to verification.

Level 1 372 posts since
Apr 20, 2009
562. Jan 15, 2012 5:08 PM in response to: WaterlooBelgium

Have you tried reducing the image size, if that's the only problem? Good luck!

-------------

"We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly":  http://amzn.to/dMBLWW

Level 0 1 posts since
Jan 16, 2012
563. Jan 18, 2012 6:54 PM in response to: GTaylor

GTaylor Thank you thank you thank...I have been driving myself crazy trying to figure out why the reviewer keep telling me i have a low DPI of 199. Your anwer of overriding Word' compreion feature wa the answer to hour and hour of frutration. 

Level 0 8 posts since
Sep 28, 2011
564. Feb 20, 2012 8:53 AM in response to: SD26

This is my first time using CS. I used Word 2007 and the CS 8.5x8.5 template for my children's book, Five Cheetahs.  All interior pages and pictures look great after downloading on CS, except for the title page.  My title page contains three lines with double spacing. My doc. looks fine, but it does not center on the page when downloaded. The first line begins well below the center of the page. I have downloaded my inerior many times after trying to correct this by using the "enter key" to adjust line spacing at the top and bottom of the title page, but I cannot seem to fix this format issue.  I called CS for help, but unfortunately they do not help with format issues but sent me to the Community for help - HELP! 

Level 0 1 posts since
Aug 12, 2011
565. Feb 22, 2012 4:16 AM in response to: SD26

I've been trying like crazy to upload my first book as a file, but this automatic reviewer keeps saying I need to embed the Myriad Pro font into my document. But I've checked and checked and I haven't used Myriad Pro in the document at all! Will I keep getting denied because of this issue? Any ideas? Help!

-c.

Level 0 79 posts since
Sep 24, 2009
566. Feb 22, 2012 5:00 AM in response to: Conner87

I did a google search on myriad pro font and found:

Myriad is a humanist sans-serif typeface designed by Robert Slimbach and Carol Twombly for Adobe Systems. The typeface is best known for its usage by Apple Inc., replacing Apple Garamond as Apple's corporate font since 2002. Myriad is easily distinguished from other sans-serif fonts due to its special "y" descender (tail) and slanting "e" cut. Myriad is similar to Frutiger.

Are you using Apple Garamond in your text?  If so that is probably the reason for the error message.  Others may be able to help you more, as my answer is just an educated guess.

Level 1 167 posts since
May 13, 2011
567. Feb 22, 2012 8:12 AM in response to: NoelRebray

Formatted templates can be very difficult to use. The position of the title is predetermined. I also found that some information from the reviewer can be incorrect. I am currently working with CS because of that very issue. Call customer support and ask to speak to a supervisor. They can look at your pdf with you on the phone and tell you what's wrong. After getting incorrect information via emails and through the regular folks answering the phone, that's exactly who I'm working with. Best of luck.

Terri

Level 0 8 posts since
Sep 28, 2011
568. Feb 22, 2012 4:14 PM in response to: Clementines

Luckily, I went back to my Five Cheetahs word document and played around with the header/footer.  I changed something which made it go to the center.  I downladed it again to CS and it worked!    Thanks for your input.

Level 0 1 posts since
Jan 28, 2011
569. Feb 28, 2012 1:03 PM in response to: SD26

Does anyone know how to convert from PDF to microsoft word in a story with pictures?

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...