Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

This Question is Answered (go to answer)

2 "helpful" answers available (5 pts)
3,212 Views 8 Replies Last post: Feb 25, 2012 8:01 AM by walton RSS
Level 0 3 posts since
Feb 19, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 19, 2012 2:05 PM

Sample Book

Is it possible to receive a sample book in order to see the quality of the publication?

Level 5 13,403 posts since
Mar 8, 2009
1. Feb 19, 2012 2:20 PM in response to: Carol-G
Re: Sample Book

Not from Createspace. The quality is excellent, though. I have 16 titles of my own and have prepared over 30 titles for other authors and except for a one isolated print error (and numerous spelling errors on my part) all of the books have exceeded my initial expectations. Other than the trade vs mass market size, CS matches or exceeds the quality of many mass market paperback books.

Seal

Need A Job? Publish A Book! with Open Office and

FREE OpenOffice Interior & Cover Templates available at:

http://www.stevenwjohnson.com

Level 1 42 posts since
Nov 16, 2011
3. Feb 24, 2012 8:52 PM in response to: Carol-G

Actually, I was surprised Seal, but I asked for a sample of a full color paperback and a hardback and they came today - expediated mail.

And as you say, excellent.

I requested them from sales.

Hope that helps.

Mar 8, 2009
4. Feb 24, 2012 9:06 PM in response to: lettercollector

Learn something every day. Did you request specific books or just any book?

Seal

Level 1 42 posts since
Nov 16, 2011
5. Feb 24, 2012 9:09 PM in response to: Seal

Specific books. I wanted to see a 50 page full color at a specific size, paperback. And a hardcover with a dustcover. I got both exactly.

They had a CS cover design with sample text, like Aesop's Fables. It satisfied the request. And it got to me very fast.

Mar 8, 2009
6. Feb 24, 2012 9:11 PM in response to: lettercollector

Check your LSI post.

Seal

Level 5 14,278 posts since
Sep 5, 2009
8. Feb 25, 2012 8:01 AM in response to: Carol-G

While you've got part of the answer from a color book CS or anyone here sends you, it is only one half the answer. What you won't know: how does it print compare to the original art work.

This you can find out two ways: 1) create a quick, color book with your work. Your cost is $8.00, delivered. 2) wait a day and order CS Digital Sampler (being reviewed right now), for $12.95 and download the PDF for comparison--PM/email me for details.

Walton

Disclaimer: all statements of apparent fact in this post are empirical inferences based on observational data. These are idiosyncratic in nature and have not necessarily been subject to verification.

Mechanics & Punctuation, free, 20 page guide to everything punctuation  Build Your Book, a free, 98 page guide to designing your book;  CS Digital understand CS digital possibilities; GIMP, free, tutorials, GIMP, GIMP Help, excerpts from GIMP Supremacy Supremacy;  Bleeds, free, 19 page, illustrated guide to bleeds and margins, do's and don't's for CreateSpace;  Contact for graphics, design, and typesetting help. 

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...