Skip navigation
This discussion is archived
44,688 Views 79 Replies Last post: Mar 6, 2012 5:17 PM by Seal RSS Go to original post
  1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next
Level 5 15,793 posts since
Mar 8, 2009
Currently Being Moderated
75. Jan 23, 2012 4:39 PM in response to: river-rock
Re: We've Discontinued Pro Plan & Improved the Distribution Setup Process

Oh, stop your moaning. EDC is responsible for the majority of sales I am making with my reprinted westerns. Over the past few months I have had adjustments by CS for books sold through Amazon but filled by EDC. My most recent adjustment amounted to over $8. Not something to write home about, but it shows that CS does its best to get the best possible royalty to the authors, even if it is a bit late. If you are so upset with CS, then I suggest you try a different POD to supply your needs.

Seal

Need A Job? Publish A Book! with Open Office and

FREE OpenOffice Interior & Cover Templates available at:

http://www.stevenwjohnson.com

Level 0 2 posts since
Jul 19, 2010
76. Jan 24, 2012 11:23 AM in response to: Seal

You didn't answer my question. And EDC delays reporting a sale by up to two months. A completely needless delay. And there is no checks or balances in the system to ensure createspace reports all sales. I've sold no books through EDC channels but they reported an amazon sale as an EDC sale. Why? I have been told by two people they bought three books and those sales have not been reported at all and it's been 6 months ago and 1 month ago they were sold.

Mar 8, 2009
77. Jan 24, 2012 1:01 PM in response to: river-rock

I can only give you my experiences with CS and EDC. If you have a problem with them, then contact customer service. I have had several sales via Amazon reported as EDC and then they have adjusted the EDC payment up later to reflect the Amazon royalty amount.

As for the 2 month delay, as I understand it, this is due to slow reporting of sales from the vendors who utilize EDC as their source, not because CS chooses to delay by 2 months.

Seal

Level 0 18 posts since
Jan 28, 2011
78. Mar 6, 2012 2:47 PM in response to: Dune.Elliot

Dune,

"I don't really use expanded distribution as I sell most of my books through Amazon or my own website anyway"

Can you tell me how you accomplish this? I have a web site: http://www.wix.com/edithanngaines/cryptograms, I've been on facebook, twitter, and myspace promoting the site, to name a few -- and have yet to generate a sale to the ceatespace estore. Any information you could share to enlighten me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Edie

Mar 8, 2009
79. Mar 6, 2012 5:17 PM in response to: EdieAnn

It would help if you had your own website and not some third level website. Look into registering a URL for cryptograms.com or something like that, then build your own website - zencart makes a good customizeable shopping cart and it is free.

Get rid of all your fancy flash and just sell your book. Fulfill the orders yourself and get rid of the CS estore link.

Start marketing your book to everyone you come in contact with. Get some business cards printed at vistaprint.com for your product and hand them out at speaking engagements, grocery stores, etc.

Seal

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...