Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

This Question is Answered (go to answer)

9,776 Views 18 Replies Last post: Mar 14, 2012 3:59 PM by Scotty2Hotty RSS Go to original post
  1 2 Previous Next
Level 2 663 posts since
Apr 29, 2010
Currently Being Moderated
15. Mar 13, 2012 1:41 PM in response to: Scotty2Hotty
Re: Can someone give me advice on creating a print ad for a convention program book?

I really think you ought to invest in a web site and do not limit yourself to just Amazon and Barnes & Noble. Your own web site should be sufficient to drive traffic, especially if you have buy links to every site which hosts your books on the book's detail page. If they are asking for .tiff or .psd, tiff is the preferred mode. Make sure that your image specs conform to the exact size of the ad, and create the tiff to include all the elements. A psd is too application-specific to be converted to any other image file type. If there is too much white space then you are not taking advantage of the whole ad space. Make your cover image bigger.

Level 5 11,777 posts since
May 4, 2008
Currently Being Moderated
17. Mar 13, 2012 4:35 PM in response to: Scotty2Hotty
Re: Can someone give me advice on creating a print ad for a convention program book?

Much better!

Michelle

-------------

Odyssey Books -- editing, cover design and book formatting services to help you on your publishing journey.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...