Skip navigation
This discussion is archived
11,795 Views 17 Replies Last post: Apr 21, 2012 8:46 AM by Ninian RSS Go to original post
  1 2 Previous Next
Level 5 11,777 posts since
May 4, 2008
Currently Being Moderated
15. Apr 11, 2012 3:28 PM in response to: Abask
Re: Announcing Free Book Proofing Options

Abask wrote:

Okay, I've spent a couple of hours searching, and for some reason I'm not seeing it. All I wanted to do was see how the newly uploaded COVER of my upcoming book LOOKS! I uploaded in .pdf (done by someone else who wanted a screen shot to see if it came out the way she intended it to). For the life of me I cannot see where to VIEW it. I saw a post by Michele and submitted it all for REVIEW, even though I only wanted to SEE the cover MYSELF, not yet ready for the human review. After submitting I still don't see a way to VIEW it!  I wonder if the way I originally submitted this title was before the Interior Review option and the Digital Proof option, so they are not available to me. And in that case, do I remove everything, and upload it again as a new title? Will they accept the new title as the same title or reject it?! Apologies if this has been addressed a bazillion times already.

~Kathy

Hi Kathy,

You don't have to submit your files as a new title, just overwrite the old ones.

If you uploaded a PDF cover, and you want to see how it looks, just look at the PDF you created in Acrobat Reader. CS does not show you anything different in the Digital Proofer, except they trim the bleed off. You can do this yourself using the crop tool in your graphics software.

Michelle

-------------

Odyssey Books -- editing, cover design and book formatting services to help you on your publishing journey.

Level 0 2 posts since
Aug 20, 2008
16. Apr 21, 2012 8:28 AM in response to: lipmag

The book proofing tool is fast, easy-to-use, and gives you a good view of the cover or the interior, whatever you are working on at the time

Level 4 4,445 posts since
Feb 1, 2008
17. Apr 21, 2012 8:46 AM in response to: johnt

Fabulous idea. Looking forward to trying it out.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...