Skip navigation
This discussion is archived
140,884 Views 786 Replies Last post: Nov 6, 2012 3:50 PM by Seal RSS Go to original post
  1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 ... 53 Previous Next
Level 0 67 posts since
Feb 18, 2011
Currently Being Moderated
570. Apr 29, 2012 7:37 AM in response to: Seal
Re: Hello!  I'm new here. :)

Seal,

I must agree with Word Jewels. Your help and advice have been of great help and are definitely priceless. Because of your assistance I have been able to get my 1st book published. Many, many thanks to you!!

Lana Killingsworth

Level 5 13,373 posts since
Mar 8, 2009
571. Apr 29, 2012 7:46 AM in response to: Brindle_May

Always glad to help, but I am sure that others on the board were just as or more helpful in certain aspects, but I appreciate the acknowledgement of both of you ladies.

Seal

Need A Job? Publish A Book! with Open Office and

FREE OpenOffice Interior & Cover Templates available at:

http://www.stevenwjohnson.com

Level 0 5 posts since
Apr 27, 2012
572. Apr 29, 2012 8:39 AM in response to: bullyboy

Thanks Seal, Good points, will be part of my promotional plan. I apreciate your time  

Level 0 2 posts since
Dec 11, 2008
573. Apr 29, 2012 9:51 AM in response to: bullyboy

Love the story.; It would make a wonderful movie. Quite unusual.

Level 0 2 posts since
Jan 4, 2012
574. Apr 29, 2012 1:51 PM in response to: Craela

Hello everyone,

Well what can I say.... My book "iSSUES..." has been requested by a major studio to become a script for a television series!!!! I guest ppl are rather sick of these so called "Reality Shows" and rather having a woman psychologist with a killer split personality is something that ppl would like to see. I'm crossing my fingers. The book signing I had earlier this month was a success and I'm scheduled to appear at the NATIONAL BLACK BOOK FESTIVAL in Houston, Texas in June with featured guest authors Eric Jerome Dickey, and Walter Mosley and in Pamana City in Florida. I really like to thank my wife to be with sticking by me while I wrote this novel and with the greater responses from the public into writing the second novel of the series. All this was done without a agent!!!! But now I need one (LOL)... P.S. If anyone know of someone please let me know... Thanks you guys!!!

Level 0 67 posts since
Feb 18, 2011
575. Apr 30, 2012 6:22 AM in response to: Seal

You are absolutely right Seal. Wayside and Walton were also of great help. The 3 of you answered all of my questions and I truly appreciate all the help from each of you. Its been a long 2 years of figuring this out, but with the help recieved here in CS my book: GIVEN IN RHYTHM: Poetry From The Heart Of Experience is now published. I could never have imagined the feeling I experienced when I opened that first box of books that I ordered. AMAZING!!!!!!

Thank you to all who have helped us newbies Have a great day everyone!!!!!!!!

Sincerely,

Brindle May/Lana Killingsworth

Level 0 6 posts since
Jun 26, 2009
576. Apr 30, 2012 9:18 AM in response to: Craela

hello and greeting:

I'm a new author would love all to come check me out here's a link to my book:https://www.createspace.com/3390012

Level 0 3 posts since
Feb 14, 2009
577. Apr 30, 2012 9:40 AM in response to: mephtomein

Cool that you invented such a super tire!!

Is your book really only 38 pages?  $19.95 for 38 pages? Is this a typo?

I trust that you deliberately are using lower case, as in "i?"  However, "within" is one word, not "with in." While people may or may not judge a book by its cover, they WILL judge it by how well the description/blurb is composed. Sloppy writing usually means a sloppy book. Nice cover, though.

Level 0 5 posts since
Apr 27, 2012
578. Apr 30, 2012 3:08 PM in response to: lucindamcnary

Thank you Lucinda for your comment, Would you like the full manuscript, I woud value your response

Level 0 2 posts since
Dec 11, 2008
579. May 1, 2012 4:58 AM in response to: bullyboy

I would love to read this. I think it would make a great movie too.

Level 0 6 posts since
Jun 26, 2009
580. May 1, 2012 8:29 AM in response to: Craela

thanks for the comments and enjoy my works

Level 0 32 posts since
May 1, 2012
581. May 1, 2012 10:48 PM in response to: Craela

Hello! everyone ~   I'm Carole, and I'm trying to get over "the fear of getting published". LoL  I took a writing course about 14 yrs ago, which I loved doing.  But with life's interruptions, I never was able to stick with it to get anything published.  I first joined here at Create Space last year, but fizzled out on acomplishing anything with my writing, so . . . I'm here again, trying to give it another shot.  I just finished the last draft on my children's story ~ "An Adventure for Johnny, the Robin."  It's really just a short story, but I'm thinking of combining it with 2 other short stories ("Chickadee Flight School" and "Penny, the Runaway Hen") to make a small book, and calling it "The Chronicles of a Bird's Life."  As soon as I can find my way around here and can get my Previews set up, ya'll are welcome to check them out and please, do give a review of what you think of them.  Okay?  Thanks.

Carole

Level 0 5 posts since
Apr 18, 2012
582. May 5, 2012 12:57 PM in response to: joemack

To Joe Mack: You sound like an artist to me, ever think about a pseudonym? Hi! my name is Dando. I'm new here, too. Since I was a pup, I've wanted to write a novel, but life kept getting in the way. New story, huh? I've had time to write a few poems here and there, but not enough time for the continuity of thought that it takes for the monumental task of writing a novel. Now that I'm retired and traveling around the country in a coach, I don't have to cut grass and all that stuff anymore, and I've had some time to think. So I took a few childhood experiences, some work-related stuff and mixed them with some chronic boredom and way too much imagination, and out came a pretty darn good novel. It's called "Sock Full Of Pennies." It's about an undersized child who was bullied to the very brink of suicide. With the many adversities that came with being an underpriviledged child in Appalachia, Rusty Sledge levels the playing field  with a sock full of pennies and rises to a level where he can challenge the biggest bullies in the world, and gets rich doing it. It's the kind of story that grabs you and holds on to you long after you read it. It's in review right now, and I'm like an expectant father. Good luck with your book, JoeMack! Being a musician, you're already an artist, if you're any good. You seem to have pretty good grammar, reading what I have, so go for it. Just sit down, organize your thoughts, and start writing. Write about everything that happens to you. It'll come together.

Level 0 5 posts since
Apr 18, 2012
583. May 5, 2012 1:18 PM in response to: Bomber12

You can always ask the createspace support team anything you need to know. I know, because I didn't know anything. They're very knowledgeable people and are eager to help.They've yet to fail to answer a question for me.   Dando

Level 5 3,191 posts since
Mar 10, 2012
584. May 5, 2012 1:22 PM in response to: Dando

This is relieving to hear, earlier we heard of a support tech telling someone to check with the community and I was beginning to think we were replacing their employees free of charge.

R. C.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...