Skip navigation
This discussion is archived
140,845 Views 786 Replies Last post: Nov 6, 2012 3:50 PM by Seal RSS Go to original post
  1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 ... 53 Previous Next
Level 0 5 posts since
Oct 9, 2011
Currently Being Moderated
585. May 7, 2012 5:09 PM in response to: Craela
Re: Hello!  I'm new here. :)

Hi everyone, my name is Suzie. I write memoir / crime / humor (all in the same book) I'm publishing in print for the first time and it only took me 4 hours to figure everything out :-) I hope the next time is easier.

Level 0 67 posts since
Feb 18, 2011
586. May 7, 2012 6:58 PM in response to: Dando

Hi Dando, my name is Lana (aka Brindle May). Your book sounds interesting. I just published a book of poetry on April 20th so I know just how you feel with the waiting.   The best of luck to you!!!  If you are interested here is the link to my book......GIVEN IN RHYTHM: Poetry From The Heart Of Experience.

https://www.createspace.com/Customer/EStore.do?id=3824925

Level 0 1 posts since
May 11, 2012
587. May 11, 2012 5:21 PM in response to: Craela

View my Create Space bio and book previews please. I am looking for feedback on e-publishing websites to use. I need to sell and/or provide free exposure as an e-book to build up enough funds to self publish prints.

What sources/website should I be using?  I'm trying to get to a library with a mac to upload to iTunes.

Amazon (via Create Space) does not appear to allow e-Book selling?

I would also consider sharing the publishing rights with Spiritual publishing companies and such if you want to comment on that as well.

I put all the links on my bio which I created a tiny url link for here:

http://tinyurl.com/7aal9fu

Level 0 1 posts since
Apr 13, 2012
588. May 11, 2012 7:48 PM in response to: Craela

Hello Everyone,

As this post says, 'I am new here'.  I have just finished publishing my first book and would like to see what you the community think of it.  It's a book on my business of buying single family homes and turning them into rooming houses and how anyone can go about doing the same for themselves.  I wrote it because I couldn't find any books written in detail on the subject and thought it was a niche that needed filling.  If you don't mind, I'd appreciate hearing what you think about it.

Here's the link:

https://www.createspace.com/3855314

Thanks,

Bob

PS - As I'm sure it's the same for everyone here, what does the community suggest for the best way to go about increasing sales?

Level 0 4 posts since
Nov 12, 2011
589. May 12, 2012 7:08 PM in response to: Craela

Hey there!

Blogger, short story writer, and novelist-in-training here. Been publishing in the digital form for a while before I finally stumbled into CreateSpace to have a go at this ink-on-paper thing people are talking about. 

So I'm giving it a try with Stories About Things, a collection of very short stories about... well, things.  Weird things.  Dangerous things.  Everyday things, that aren't as everyday as they seem.  If you're into official previews...

https://www.createspace.com/Preview/1101609

Or just read the whole thing for free on Smashwords... 

http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/104516

Anyway, I've been stumbling around on my own for long enough and I'm excited to meet my fellow stumblers in this ink-on-paper business, or the digital business, or just the writing business.  So... hey!

Level 0 4 posts since
Nov 12, 2011
590. May 13, 2012 6:01 AM in response to: Aeliusss

Whoops... just changed my preview and the old link above is dead.  Thought I'd update my intro, but since I can't edit, here's the new link:

https://www.createspace.com/Preview/1101650

Level 0 2 posts since
May 10, 2012
591. May 14, 2012 6:23 PM in response to: Craela

I'm new on here and i'm trying to get my book published about lupus. I have my manuscript typed and i do not have a disc on it.

The lady that typed it her computer has crashed. I need to know how can i get my manuscript checked on here ?

Thank you somebody anybody .

Level 2 222 posts since
Apr 20, 2011
592. May 15, 2012 6:23 AM in response to: amber62

Amber, I sent you a message on another thread--it's not good news, but there are many folks on this forum, some with great expertise who may be able to help.

badhouse

Level 5 3,191 posts since
Mar 10, 2012
593. May 15, 2012 8:10 AM in response to: amber62

If you have a typed copy of the book in good condition you can scan it using OCR to convert it back to a text format. Note that OCR scanning does have flaws so odds are you will need to go through and reformat the book as well as proof it closely as some letters can be missed or changed depending on the quality of the original and the OCR software. If you can scan the book to PDF and have access to Adobe Pro I have found that the OCR text recognition built into Adobe is fairly accurate and usually a good starting point. It's not a perfect solution as you will need to work on the formating and proofing but can save you a lot of typing.

R. C.

Level 0 2 posts since
Dec 27, 2011
594. May 15, 2012 8:33 AM in response to: Craela

Book launch today for my book, Target: Pain Doc.  Until midnight you can get $2600 worth of free bonus gifts for purchase.  Go to www.targetpaindoc.homestead.com for details.  Pass the word.  Everyone needs to read this book.  Not only does it help you heal from any disease, it lets you know what is going on in the world of pain management.  Help get the word out.  Thanks.

Level 0 1 posts since
May 18, 2012
595. May 18, 2012 9:10 AM in response to: VirginiaHealer

Hi, I am new and I need directions

Level 4 1,464 posts since
Oct 27, 2010
596. May 18, 2012 9:39 AM in response to: PAPAJOE

There is plenty of stuff on this website. You might consider reading it. After that, people here are happy to answer specific questions.

Level 5 13,363 posts since
Mar 8, 2009
597. May 18, 2012 9:42 AM in response to: PAPAJOE

Can you be a little more specific? I can easily give you directions to the local Walmart, but I have a feeling that is not what you are looking for.

Seal

Read: Long Tales & Short Shorts

FREE OpenOffice Interior & Cover Templates available at:

http://www.stevenwjohnson.com

Level 0 2 posts since
Jan 30, 2012
598. May 18, 2012 11:03 PM in response to: Craela

Hi... I'm another newcomer and have been looking for the right place to do this. This seems like the best spot.

I just want to thank all of the people who contribute to this community. I just published Plaguewalker , a dark historical, through CS and KDP. It's the first of three finished novels I plan to publish this year. I chose PW first because it's the shortest (60,000 words) and because I am not computer-savvy. I thought I'd make it easy on myself before bringing the other two novels, both frightfully longer fantasy tales, to maket.

There were many points along the way where I wanted to weep or throw things due to my lack of experience in things like templates and conversions. I found CS Help sections and customer service generally useless. But you helped me. Every time I searched the forums, I'd find someone who'd had my problem and someone else (usually dozens of others) who had advice on how to fix it. I just wanted to thank those of you who take the time to help others out. Without you, Plaguewalker would still be languishing on my netbook.

Level 0 45 posts since
Apr 13, 2012
599. May 19, 2012 2:11 AM in response to: Plaguewalker

Well, plaquewalker, I wish you all the best. I think that REAL work -for self pudlished authors- starts right at the point where you think you have finished!

For, promoting your book is the most demanding part of the job. Unfortunately... Good luck to all of us!

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...