Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (10 pts) 2 "helpful" answers available (5 pts)
54,026 Views 34 Replies Last post: Aug 29, 2012 9:59 AM by R.C. RSS Go to original post
  1 2 3 Previous Next
Level 1 167 posts since
Mar 15, 2012
Currently Being Moderated
30. Jun 13, 2012 3:50 AM in response to: lipmag
Re: The publication date of your book

Thank you, Michelle. I understand perfectly now. CS should have a printing/shipping arm in Australia that can compete with local printers ... (though it would be a long shot).  I am going to check whether there are printers cheaper and faster locally here in the States. As long as I use my own ISBN, there wouldn't be a problem printing locally, would it?

Owen

Level 5 7,671 posts since
May 4, 2008
31. Jun 13, 2012 5:16 PM in response to: ohc111

ohc111 wrote:

CS should have a printing/shipping arm in Australia that can compete with local printers

LOL, lots of people here would love that in most countries I think. We don't even have our own Amazon, although apparently they're seeking out suitable warehouse space, so this might be a possibility in the near future.

As long as I use my own ISBN, there wouldn't be a problem printing locally, would it?

None at all. You own the ISBN, you can print wherever you like. Distribution through multiple channels can create some confusion when using the same ISBN, but that's a separate issue to ARCs.

Michelle

-------------

Odyssey Books -- editing, cover design and book formatting services to help you on your publishing journey.

Level 1 167 posts since
Mar 15, 2012
32. Jun 13, 2012 5:53 PM in response to: lipmag

Thank you, Michelle.

Owen

Level 0 1 posts since
Apr 28, 2012
33. Aug 29, 2012 3:42 AM in response to: JohnPG

Hello,

how does it actually work with publication date and printed copies?

i've accepted my proof (without order any copy) on june, 20th. So my publication date is set as june, 20th. I than edit something, order a proof, and i got in the final page of the book "printed in the US in 23th, August, 2012".

So my question is:

Which date will be listed on the final page of the book when i will approve my printed proof?

Will the actual date of printing always be printed ?

Is there any way to print the publication date?
Thanks a lot for any help

daniele

Level 5 5,703 posts since
Mar 10, 2012
34. Aug 29, 2012 9:59 AM in response to: danilar

The date printed will always list on the extra leaf that CS adds. Your publication date will remain the same in the ISBN record adn on sites that display it such as Amazon. If you want the publication date to print in the book you need to add it yourself, usually on the copyright page.

R. C.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...