Skip navigation
This discussion is archived
245,415 Views 369 Replies Last post: Dec 8, 2012 6:24 PM by zgrosewc RSS Go to original post
  1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 Previous Next
Level 0 27 posts since
Oct 11, 2011
Currently Being Moderated
360. Aug 5, 2012 11:08 PM in response to: Groovyman
Re: No answers to Expanded Distribution Channel questions

We have nearly 100 books on CS - their extended distribution may help sell your

book(s) to BN and other independant outlets (are there many others?). However,

this probably means one or two here or there.

Ingram and BT are not very good as far as I am concerned.

The small publisher usually ends up owing them money. They only take

books on consignment and can return at any time. By time you pay the shipping

both ways chances are it will be in the minus. This formula has put hundreds of small

publishers out of business. We had to stop dealing with them directly because even

when they offered to pay for the books outright two months later they would try to

return them.

Level 0 13 posts since
Apr 24, 2012
361. Aug 6, 2012 5:45 AM in response to: R.C.

You are obviously being paid by C.S. to deflect attention away from their refusal to give clear answers to simple questions. YES I can expect more! When I ask a simple straight-forward question, I should get a straight-forward answer. Not four paragraphs of bull **** designed to distance C.S. from any and all responsibility.  Thank you!

Level 5 5,703 posts since
Mar 10, 2012
362. Aug 6, 2012 7:29 AM in response to: Groovyman

Really? when's my cheque get here? Any idea how much it is? Do me a favor, check your facts before you post, those of us that are active on the forums do so because we wish to help other.

Listen obviously we can't comment on CS's communication policy nor do we have any idea how or why they do what they do but there is a ton of information on the EDC program posted to these boards including this thread https://www.createspace.com/en/community/thread/23824 which you posted on the very subject in may where you received detailed explanations as to what EDC provides. To repost 3 months later and misrepresent the service in a statement such as this is a disservice to those that are actually doing the research to discover the programs features on their own.

R. C.

Level 0 13 posts since
Apr 24, 2012
363. Aug 6, 2012 8:21 AM in response to: R.C.

Wrong Again. You make it quite obvious where your loyalty lies. I am not interested in discussing anything with you since you will quite obviously try to spin any answer to benefit your agenda. I know what the responses to my three inquiries were. Spin, Spin, Spin all you want, but I'm not going to permit you to waste any more of my time. If you can convince others to buy your crap, enjoy yourself.  

Level 5 15,505 posts since
Mar 8, 2009
364. Aug 6, 2012 9:09 AM in response to: Groovyman

Simply because you are unable or unwilling to understand answers written in plain English is no reason to assume that the individual answering you in a way you choose not to accept is an individual on the CS payroll. If you notice, RC has a 4 star rating and that indicates he is one of the most respected AND helpful individuals on this forum.

Seal

Need A Job? Publish A Book! with Open Office and

FREE OpenOffice Interior & Cover Templates available at:

http://www.stevenwjohnson.com

Mar 10, 2012
365. Aug 6, 2012 4:26 PM in response to: Seal

It's obvious you are not in fact looking for explanations or answers as you claimed but rather just looking to complain and post malicious statements to those who are looking to help. As for my agenda, like many of the helpful members on these forums my agenda is too help those who need it, learn more about the publishing industry and ultimately publish my book(s). If you do not want our help so be it but their is no reason to be belligerent or misleading.

I would, however like an explination as to how you feel my opinion is either uninformed or ignorant.

Have fun with your book and hopefully you do not encounter more issues as it is unlikely you will find help from the forum members if you continue to slander them.

R. C.

Level 5 7,447 posts since
Feb 1, 2008
366. Aug 6, 2012 5:09 PM in response to: R.C.

Hear! Hear!

I think we'll remember that name, R.C. and ignore any futrue problems he posts here. Slandering someone like you, or any of us, is bad form. Let him ignore EDC and see how far his book gets. He'll soon learn the hard way that his distribution and sales are very limited.

We need do no more and say no more on this subject.

Level 0 13 posts since
Apr 24, 2012
367. Aug 6, 2012 8:25 PM in response to: R.C.

You are welcome to continue to B.S. anyone who reads this, however,I have never asked you for any explanation or help. You seem to have a very fragile grasp  on reality. The book I wrote was nothing more than an experiment and a way to kill some time. I am financially secure enough that if it never sells even one more copy, it won't matter to me. I haven't had to do anything to earn a living in many years. My living is made for at least the next fifty years. I have disabled the email notifications so I don't have to see any more of this drivel and I'm not interested in posting anything else. I'm leaving for Europe in the morning. Have a nice life.

Mar 10, 2012
368. Aug 6, 2012 9:01 PM in response to: Groovyman

Whether you intend to read this or not I will post it for clarification to others that may read this thread in the future. If you do by chance read it I would love to see evidence that anything I posted was B.S. or that I have a fragile grasp on reality. Or is this simply more slander that can not be backed up?

First my response to you in this thread was not a response to a question but rather to correct a blatant misrepresentation and ensure other that come across it are not confused by what you stated. EDC does not merely put you book on an email list. It lists it in the Ingram (and occasionally B&T) catalogue. One of the foremost wholesale distribution catalogues available.

Second you did ask the forum for advise on this matter in the previous thread I cited above. And I quote

----------

I have asked the CreateSpace member support 3 (three) times to explain to me how I should expect to use the "Expanded Distribution channels."  I have never even once mentioned the words "ensure" sales, "guaranty" sales, etc  Nor have I, in any way, implied that expectation, yet I have not received any explanation from CreateSpace's member support that adequately explains how this "Expanded Distribution" is of any actual benefit to me. The standard answer I have received is a total disclaimer of any responsibility for any sales derived therein. The appearance is that they want to distance themselves, as much as possible, from their own service. In my experience, that kind of non-answer is indicatative of duplicity (I don't want to answer the question, so I'll talk about something else.)

Is there anyone out there who knows how to use the "Expanded Distribution?" Anyone with any positive experience?  

-----------

This question was answered in detail in May yet you still posted something that was blatantly misleading in this thread.

Now onto the random useless info in your post.

I am glad you are so well off, though I do not see what bearing that has on this discussion nor do I understand why anyone who in fact is so financially set would feel the need to bring it up in a situation such as this. In my experience those that are rarely discuss it especially in an unsolicited manner online. You indicated in an earlier thread that you were not 'naive or unpublished' I assume the published work must be under a pen name as I have searched for anything under your author name listed and cannot find any additional publications. Please let us know what these are as I am sure many here would like to know the credentials you hold so that we can determine how much stock to put in your opinion and advice.

Have fun in Europe.

R. C.

Level 1 160 posts since
Sep 24, 2011
369. Dec 8, 2012 6:24 PM in response to: TallSwede
Re: Expanded Distribution Channel

I don't know yet for iwin

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...