Skip navigation
This discussion is archived
20,345 Views 10 Replies Last post: Sep 13, 2013 10:13 AM by nice RSS
CreateSpaceKate Representative 369 posts since
Nov 5, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 12, 2012 11:46 AM

Publish on Kindle

Transfer your CreateSpace book to Kindle Direct Publishing automatically with Publish on Kindle! With just the press of a button, your book files and information can be transferred, converted to the Kindle format and be waiting for you to finalize for publication when you log in to your KDP account.

As always, connect with Member Support if you have any questions.

Level 0 62 posts since
Nov 28, 2012
1. Dec 2, 2012 5:49 AM in response to: CreateSpaceKate
Re: Publish on Kindle

Is it free?

Level 0 6 posts since
Oct 22, 2009
2. Dec 8, 2012 4:00 AM in response to: NayaS

I know that if you go in through KDP select it is. So, I'm assuming it is free through Createspace also.

Level 0 1 posts since
Oct 9, 2012
3. Dec 29, 2012 12:42 PM in response to: NayaS

Yes, it is totally free.

Level 0 5 posts since
Feb 17, 2013
4. Apr 22, 2013 5:43 AM in response to: CreateSpaceKate

I am waiting for my paperback book to be approved by createspace.  Should I wait until paperback is ready before using KDP?  Will I receive a prompt from createspace?

Level 0 2 posts since
May 27, 2012
5. Apr 26, 2013 8:00 AM in response to: 1mamoo1

Yes, when you your book has been approved, i.e. interior, cover, etc.  You will be prompted to submit it to Kindle.

Level 0 3 posts since
Mar 8, 2013
6. May 10, 2013 8:52 PM in response to: SQUAWK

How long do Create Space usually take to approve submissions?

Level 5 15,793 posts since
Mar 8, 2009
7. May 10, 2013 10:36 PM in response to: Beret

For a print copy, CS normally takes about a day to tell you if your files meet specs. If you are talking Kindle, then that is taken care of at http://www.kdp.amazon.com and you will know if it is good or needs work before you finish with the title setup.

Seal

Short stories with a twist!

Read: Long Tales & Short Shorts

FREE OpenOffice Interior & Cover Templates available at:

http://www.stevenwjohnson.com

Level 1 96 posts since
Mar 18, 2012
8. May 14, 2013 5:09 AM in response to: CreateSpaceKate

Also, if you already have the book published on KDP the system will say you already have this title on KDP and you can still cancel the process. Before I could read this infromation carefully (Warning messages), I ended up publishing the same title on KDP several times. Better pay attention to the warning messages as you transfer the book details to KDP. If you never published that title with KDP before, then this is the easiest way to go. No need to upload your book details to KDP.

Also, the Cover Creator has been added to KDP site! This is good news for us who don't know how to use complicated tools such as Photoshop to design and upload our own book cover images. KDP Cover Creator is similar to CS Cover Creator and I just love it!

Thanks Seal for this post.

Level 0 3 posts since
May 31, 2012
9. Sep 12, 2013 7:51 AM in response to: CreateSpaceKate

I published my title, The Entrepreneurial Spirit Lives last fall and working with my graphic guy the process for getting it approved on the platform was nice and I am a big fan.  Where I ran into problems involved having the document converted for Kindle.  If the book has a simple format/layout in terms of graphics and text save yourself some money and use the free tools for converting the file.  If you have a moderate amount of graphics or in our case a 'complex graphical file' I recommend investing the money-anywhere from $60+ to $200.  Worth the investment to get it done right on Kindle!

Level 0 35 posts since
Jun 4, 2010
10. Sep 13, 2013 10:13 AM in response to: TheECafe

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...