Skip navigation
This discussion is archived
8,400 Views 4 Replies Last post: May 20, 2014 6:51 AM by McMullen_4D RSS
CreateSpaceLee Representative 55 posts since
Oct 28, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 28, 2013 4:42 PM

CreateSpace Special Offer: Save 20-35% on Volume Book Orders in October

Get your volume book order (minimum 1,000 copies) in and be ready to promote your book this holiday season. The more copies you order the more you can save -- up to 35% if by October 31. A CreateSpace Member Service representative will contact you at your request to complete your order. Click for offer details.

Level 5 15,842 posts since
Mar 8, 2009
1. Oct 29, 2013 9:24 AM in response to: CreateSpaceLee
Re: CreateSpace Special Offer: Save 20-35% on Volume Book Orders in October

Gee, it sure would be nice if CS decided to give us more than 3 days notice at the end of the promotion.

Seal

Not Much of a Crime - 2013 ABNA Quarter Finalist

The Curious Misadventures of Tubby Wexler, Private Investigator

Hard Times and Soft Soled Shoes

The Curious Misadventures of Tubby Wexler, Volume 2

Long Tales & Short Shorts

and Need A Job? Publish A Book! with OpenOffice

FREE OpenOffice Interior & Cover Templates available at:

http://www.stevenwjohnson.com

Level 5 3,179 posts since
Jul 28, 2008
2. Oct 29, 2013 4:43 PM in response to: Seal

Their messages don't seem to be syncrhonized. I had seen this earlier by email (maybe it was in the CS email newsletter, or a special email, I forget). If I could combine different titles together to take advantage of the savings, I would be tempted to place an order. The no-returns clause has me a little concerned though; hopefully, they will still exchange defects.

Level 5 15,401 posts since
May 4, 2008
3. Oct 29, 2013 5:46 PM in response to: McMullen_4D

I remember that email too. Still not attractive for international authors -- can you imagine the shipping cost on 1000 copies by airmail???

Chris, any defective copies should be covered by the Satisfaction Guarantee regardless of the size of the order or any special offer. Otherwise it's not a guarantee.

Michelle

-------------

Odyssey Books -- editing, cover design and book formatting services to help you on your publishing journey.

Level 5 3,179 posts since
Jul 28, 2008
4. May 20, 2014 6:51 AM in response to: lipmag

That makes sense, Michelle, but the line, "All orders are final, no returns are allowed," seems to contradict the Satisfaction Guarantee. Logically, I expect them to at least offer to exchange or replace defective copies even though it says all orders are final. But not everything follows my sense of logic, so I'm still a little apprehensive. I would email Member Support before placing the order to get clarification in writing. However, it will be a non-issue for me unless they change their policy to allow a multi-title arrangement meet the minimum number; I don't need 1000 copies of the same title that quickly.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...