Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (10 pts) 2 "helpful" answers available (5 pts)
11,008 Views 3 Replies Last post: Jan 3, 2014 3:13 AM by marcjunior RSS
Level 0 62 posts since
Dec 9, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Sep 18, 2013 5:13 AM

Publishing a Calendar / Planner

Hello all,

I published a book a while ago using CreateSpace. Now Im trying to publish calendars. (Calendar Book and Planner) Can someone please guide me on how to start?

Should I use createspace to publish a so called Planner? Should I use Lulu since they also have different bindings and also publish calendars?

I would appreciate your help and guidance.

thanks,

DP

Level 4 2,555 posts since
Jul 2, 2011
1. Sep 18, 2013 6:00 AM in response to: dailypress
Re: Publishing a Calendar / Planner

You might want to take a look at Cafepress. They have formats specific for wall calendars, and also spiral binding good for calendar-book type planners.

I love createspace, but the perfect binding and required portrait aspect display can be a bit limiting for those types of things.

Level 5 12,824 posts since
Aug 22, 2008
2. Sep 18, 2013 10:05 AM in response to: dailypress

For me, a really useful calendar/planner needs to lay open, which requires a saddle-stitched, coil, or casewrap binding -- perfect-binding just doesn't work very well for this kind of application, and that would rule out CreateSpace for such a project in my view.

Also, using print-on-demand to produce this type of product will force you to set a price that is much higher than similar/competing products (because companies that specialize in custom calendars or day planners can produce them in quantity for pennies).

Hope that's helpful.  Best wishes.

Level 0 1 posts since
Jul 11, 2013
3. Jan 3, 2014 3:13 AM in response to: dailypress

Please, I have a further query regarding publishing calendars and diaries. Under which category should they be enlisted? I only found "reference": "Annuals". Would this be appropriate? Thanks for your answer.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...