Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

This Question is Not Answered

1 "correct" answer available (10 pts) 2 "helpful" answers available (5 pts)
44,488 Views 64 Replies Last post: Apr 18, 2014 4:21 PM by lipmag RSS Go to original post
  1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next
Level 2 188 posts since
Apr 18, 2010
Currently Being Moderated
62. Apr 17, 2014 10:30 PM in response to: lipmag
Re: Ingram Spark

What I'm saying is that if a book has the same ISBN (and therefore binding/pagecount) and you set returnability at Ingram, Ingram will accept returns regardless of where the copies were printed.

So if you previously printed at CS or had an offset run or are doing Shepard's Plan B, all copies can be returned to Ingram even if Ingram didn't sell them. That's a condition of returnability (and one way you can go into debt making the same edition of a previously printed title returnable).

All copies are returnable, including copies you didn't sell through Ingram if a retailer with an Ingram account is holding copies and it's currently returnable through Ingram or copies sold before the title was made returnable.

Level 0 13 posts since
Feb 26, 2013
Currently Being Moderated
63. Apr 18, 2014 4:15 PM in response to: lipmag
Re: Ingram Spark

Publishing, marketing, and promotion are enough of an investment and gamble as it is.  I realize there are "essential" deals that require returnability. But, the risks are great and the benifits are dubious, at best.  I've always thought that returnability for books is really an aberration.  It would truely be ironic if one makes an "essential" deal that is contingent on returnablity, only to go into debt because of the deal.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...