Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (10 pts) 2 "helpful" answers available (5 pts)
505,297 Views 800 Replies Last post: May 19, 2014 11:08 PM by nati744 RSS Go to original post
  1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 Previous Next
Level 0 9 posts since
Jan 28, 2014
Currently Being Moderated
795. Apr 22, 2014 10:57 PM in response to: Bennylaoshi
Re: PDF conversion and submission problems?

I created it in OpenOffice, and exported as PDF. I am on a different PC right now, but I don't recall seeing any option regarding "flattening". There are PNG images used, but no images overlap, and no text overlaps any image. Some pictures were anchored to page, and some to paragraph. PNG pictures were from JPG's and were not edited using layers. I also have no shadowing affects on any text. The only thing I can think of is that some text is in grey color instead of black. I have no idea what this transparency warning could be referring to.

I decided to go ahead and approve the proof. I would suspect any possible issue regarding transparency does not matter in Kindle or othe ebook formats or ebook channels?

Level 5 4,128 posts since
Oct 27, 2010
796. Apr 22, 2014 11:58 PM in response to: just_me

Did you tick the PDF/A-1a option when exporting? That format does not permit transparency, so it should create files that CreateSpace can digest. Your png files may contain a transparency layer that is causing the warning but - as others have said - this usually has no visible effect. I would, however, always order a hard copy proof because experience has shown me and many other people that errors are much easier to spot that way.

Level 0 3 posts since
Sep 5, 2013
797. Apr 23, 2014 12:15 AM in response to: just_me

Hard copy proofs are always the best bet, but you can upload new files for the cover and interior at any time if there are any problems. The only things you can't change are the details you input originally for the book's title, author, ISBN. Things like the description and pdf files can still be changed at a later date (but hopefully before you have done a lot of marketing!).

Good luck with your book !!

Level 0 12 posts since
Jan 23, 2013
798. May 19, 2014 9:18 PM in response to: SD26

Ok, can you offer and suggest the best ocr reading application (better free or quite cheap) to me to scan pdf, pdf/a document and convert pdf to image. I need it uergently. The ocr reader i am using now (as found in the link) is a little expensive for me who don't have much budget for this. Thanks.

Level 5 4,128 posts since
Oct 27, 2010
799. May 19, 2014 9:46 PM in response to: Bartholomew

If you wish to convert a pdf document to a series of images you do not need ocr. You could use screen capture, at a pinch.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...