Skip navigation
This discussion is archived
174,005 Views 95 Replies Last post: Aug 31, 2014 7:19 AM by Bruce RSS Go to original post
  1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next
Level 0 5 posts since
Sep 2, 2010
Currently Being Moderated
90. Feb 18, 2014 3:20 AM in response to: PeggysBooks
Re: how to create 6x9 pdf book cover?

Why this and wht that. But finally I have discovered that I've used the wrong template. I was laughing at myself. It was my first self made all-in anyway.

Level 0 1 posts since
Apr 2, 2014
91. Apr 9, 2014 1:54 PM in response to: PeggysBooks

I have downloaded the templates and complied with all aspects of the submission requirements, yet still get the pdf bounced back.

Level 0 5 posts since
Sep 2, 2010
92. Apr 9, 2014 2:30 PM in response to: RogueCop67

Let me tell you what I did. First I've cropped the template canvas to the "RED AREA". That's the book cover template. After puting your things in it, save that image as PDF. Or if not possible save it as PNG or JPG. After that convert it to PDF (high quality print). That's all I did.

Level 2 401 posts since
May 31, 2014
93. Jun 3, 2014 7:36 PM in response to: walton

Seeking encouragement.  I'm ready to begin cover design. FYI - have mid-range technical skill for someone my age -- 70 yrs.  How easy/difficult is the CS cover templates?  I found the perfect image for my novel on Getty Images but don't know what size to purchase. Will do a 6 x 9 book/cover. To all -- I'm quaking in my shoes about all the tech stuff I need to do but am determined to get my book published so I can check it off of my list of things to do before I die!  Have been all over CS communities soaking up info and taking copious notes. So good to see all the energy and excitment about being part of the writing life.

Level 5 15,505 posts since
Mar 8, 2009
94. Jun 3, 2014 9:04 PM in response to: Bengal

Your cover size depends on the number of pages in the book due to the spine width. If you have 100 pages then your spine will be 0.25 - 200 pages 0.5 inch, etc. So for a 200 page book your overall size for the book cover will be 12.5x9. If you are looking to use the image only on the front cover than 6x9 will be good whereas a full cover will be 12.5x9 (assuming 200 pages, of course).

If you are buying the use of an image you should multiply your cover size by 300 in both directions to determine the pixel requirement.

Personally, I would not use the CS cover template or the CS cover creator. It is just as easy to create your own template if you remember to center your spine text and turn it 90 degrees clockwise.

Seal

Professional Secrets are Revealed in

Need A Job? Publish A Book! with Open Office and

FREE OpenOffice Interior & Cover Templates available at:

http://www.stevenwjohnson.com

Level 2 506 posts since
Aug 12, 2008
95. Aug 31, 2014 7:19 AM in response to: Seal

Personally, I would not use the CS cover template or the CS cover creator. It is just as easy to create your own template if you remember to center your spine text and turn it 90 degrees clockwise.

Easy for one person is hard for another. I remember my first book, where because there was no Cover Creator I had to create the cover myself, which I did using tables to get things into the proper boxes, and then I had to go into Draw to rotate that spine text, learning a whole new skill set (I'd never used Draw before, and only used it that one time, not once since then!) It was such a pain for me that I always use Cover Creator, though I really don't like everything it does. (In my latest book, I have a subtitle. CC put the subtitle on the back cover, not where  think it belongs, unser the title on the front.)

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...