Skip navigation
This discussion is archived
3,561 Views 0 Replies Last post: Nov 6, 2014 11:30 AM by witch_wyzwurd RSS
Level 1 39 posts since
Aug 6, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 6, 2014 11:30 AM

Preview Artwork 100%/Words Blurry

Supposedly, I'm viewing my CD artwork at 100% when I click the "Full-Size Preview" option in the "Artwork" section. I find this peculiar because I have my screen resolution set to 1920x1080. Obviously, when I view my artwork it's not going to be 100% full-size. So what screen resolution are they assuming I have my monitor set at to actually see my artwork at 100% full-view or as I should see it printed?

My main concern is with words on the CD, like lyrics in the inside of the booklet or song titles printed on the back tray card. When I view the words in my GUI they all looks sharp and clean as a jpeg but when I view it after it's loaded into Createspace as "full preview" they look hazy. The lyrics are just black verdana type font against a plain white background with no anti-alias set. But when I view the images at "full size" it looks like little dots all around the words, like if the image was printed then scanned into a computer.

Or is that just artifacts from whatever process Createspace uses to display CD art for "full size" preview?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...