Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

This Question is Not Answered

1 "correct" answer available (10 pts) 1 "helpful" answer available (5 pts)
2,380 Views 4 Replies Last post: Feb 24, 2015 9:55 PM by Jeaux RSS
Level 0 2 posts since
Jan 12, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 23, 2015 9:31 PM

How do I get rid of page numbers on several chapter start pages?

I formatted my novel using Seal’s OO templets. So much easier than trying to deal with CS templets. Everything looks great! Headers on top with page numbers on outside corners; no headers on front matter or chapter start pages. Except, while doing a final look-thru, I noticed 3 chapter start pages with headers and numbers. How’d they get there, not sure...Unless it happened when I was trying to eliminate a few blank pages at the ends of chapters. Yes, I backspaced to move the chapter starts onto the blank pages. I have a feeling I did that wrong... Question, how do I get rid of just those 3 headers? Or am I doomed to redo the whole 296 pages? Thanks for your help.

Level 5 7,677 posts since
Feb 1, 2008
1. Feb 24, 2015 6:33 AM in response to: Jeaux
Re: How do I get rid of page numbers on several chapter start pages?

Welcome.

Although this thread discusses Word, it might help because OO works in similar ways.

https://www.createspace.com/en/community/message/263384#263384

Level 5 7,677 posts since
Feb 1, 2008
2. Feb 24, 2015 9:00 AM in response to: Ninian
Level 5 3,672 posts since
Feb 1, 2011
3. Feb 24, 2015 4:06 PM in response to: Jeaux

How do you backup your system?  Sounds like a ridiculous question?  Well, if you by chance use Crashplan then your older versions of your files are all also stored - for 90 days.  So, if by chance you use crashplan than just log in and find an older version of the file and download it.

Do you use Acronis TrueImage?  Maybe you have the older version there.  Mount the disc image and find it.

Do you use Windows restore?  Can't help you there.

IF you can find an older version then copy it as a newly named file and edit it VERY CAREFULLY, using Print Preview immediately after every edit.  If you delete something which messes you up - Ctrl-Z undoes your last change(s).

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...