Skip navigation
This discussion is archived
2,600 Views 6 Replies Last post: Apr 9, 2015 7:26 PM by thantot RSS
Level 0 3 posts since
Apr 1, 2015
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 1, 2015 7:45 AM

help I 'm a newbie please

how to start making a book here? can someone help me?

Level 5 7,677 posts since
Feb 1, 2008
1. Apr 1, 2015 7:56 AM in response to: thantot
Re: help I 'm a newbie please

In general, your question is rather vague.  At what stage are you now?

This article might provide some information:

https://forums.createspace.com/en/community/docs/DOC-2241

Level 0 2 posts since
Feb 27, 2013
2. Apr 1, 2015 8:00 AM in response to: thantot

Hello, "Newbie"--

The site is fairly easy to use if you follow the instructions step-by-step.  I found it important to pay particular attention to the size I chose for my book because this cannot be changed later.  Read the helpful hints put out by other authors and the guidelines put in place by CreateSpace.  If you have questions, you can call CreateSpace or communicate with them via chat.  I have found them to be extremely patient and helpful.  Take your time and make sure you order a proof copy to read through before actually going live.  This is very important, because you will most definitely find things that you missed checking things over online. 

Shicoco

Level 0 2 posts since
Feb 27, 2013
3. Apr 1, 2015 8:11 AM in response to: thantot

This may be a bit more helpful---

From your 'Dashboard' page, go to the 'community' link on the left.  From there, you will be able to see a link called 'Formatting'.  Below that you should find 'getting started' as well as a couple of links regarding formatting.  These are extremely helpful links to read through and will assist you in the process of publishing your book through CreateSpace.  Good luck and have fun! :-)

Shicoco

Level 1 16 posts since
May 8, 2013
4. Apr 1, 2015 4:56 PM in response to: thantot

I just published my second book here and it is extremely easy. I created my own covers and formatted my interiors perfectly using these discussions and templates available here. READ the posts....any question you may have has most likely been answered here before....pay attention to the details... If I can do it anyone can. When in doubt...read first..then ask.

Listen to Walton and Lipmag.

Good Luck!

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...