Skip navigation
This discussion is archived
2,726 Views 5 Replies Last post: Feb 8, 2016 12:43 PM by Kimber_6391 RSS
Level 0 9 posts since
Feb 1, 2016
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 6, 2016 9:31 AM

Need help understanding template

Hi, I have read all the help files and in the past have made covers for books so I have an understanding of how this works. I normally use corel draw to make amazon covers. However, I am lost on which templates is what part of the CD case and booklet. I’ve indicated what I think each template is for, but I’m not sure. If I am wrong, please help me with what each template is for. ~ Thanks in advance for any help.

CDBookletOutsideTemplate.pdf - Is the front and back over the CD case. With the case closed this is what you would see.

CDBookletInsideTemplate.pdf - the inside of the little booklet.

But if the booklet cover is the cd cover artwork and this is the inside of the booklet then what is the back of the booklet artwork?

CDDiscFaceTemplate.pdf - is the CD

CDTrayInsideTemplate.pdf  -- that is this ??   Center panel of what?

CDTrayOutsideTemplate.pdf - again I don't get what this is?

Level 5 15,401 posts since
May 4, 2008
1. Feb 6, 2016 6:42 PM in response to: Kimber_6391
Re: Need help understanding template

Kimber_6391 wrote:

CDBookletOutsideTemplate.pdf - Is the front and back over the CD case. With the case closed this is what you would see. This is the outside of the booklet, and the right half of the template is the front of the case, the left side is the back of the booklet.

CDBookletInsideTemplate.pdf - the inside of the little booklet. Correct

CDDiscFaceTemplate.pdf - is the CD. Correct

CDTrayInsideTemplate.pdf  -- that is this ??   Center panel of what? When you take the plastic tray holding the CD out of the case, there is a slip of paper which forms the back of the case. The inside is what you see through the transparent tray.

CDTrayOutsideTemplate.pdf - again I don't get what this is? This the other side of the tray slip and is what you see when you close the case and flip to the back.

Michelle

-------------

Odyssey Books -- editing, cover design and book formatting services to help you on your publishing journey.

Level 5 4,212 posts since
Oct 27, 2010
4. Feb 7, 2016 11:47 PM in response to: Kimber_6391
Re: Need help understanding template

I may be misunderstanding your question. However, CDTrayOutsideTemplate.pdf is what you see on the back of the CD case when the case is closed. Yes, people often put the running order here.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...