Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (10 pts) 2 "helpful" answers available (5 pts)
819 Views 2 Replies Last post: Feb 21, 2016 11:34 AM by Lorem_Ipsum RSS
Level 0 1 posts since
Jul 17, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 20, 2016 6:47 PM

I've been living an excrutiating nightmare dealing with Amazon.com

I opened an account with Createspace.com back in 2007.  I'm an attorney, Danie Victor-Alexandre, Esq.  Ceo of the Victor Law Center, Pa Allinjurylawfirm.com for the past 25 years.  My law practice takes me all over the State of Florida when clients are unablle to come to us.  In 2007, I decided to create the least expensive legal forms and business documents website, when I noticed how much Legalzoom.com was really charging people.  It was like a bait and switch type deal.  Sure enough, alllegaldocuments.com was up and running on the web.  I believe it is a mistake to invest personal funds into any new venture. 

I never once considered legalzoom competition.  In fact, the night before alllegaldocuments.com was set to be published on the web, I dreamt that the top browser should have a link, "500 Legal Form Book Series", which takes you instantly to amazon.com, where my legal form book series had already been published.  At least fifty legal form books were already available on demand.  The books were immediately found at Barnes and Noble, Books A Million, Createspace.com, Ebay, and low and behold, even bookstores in many foreign countries.

That encouraged me to neglect everything else in my life in order to continue publishing the book, targetting meeting the 500 legal form series within two years.

Before that could happen, I soon noticed that royalty payments were not being made.  I immediately assumed that the public hated the books, and everything else, but all stemming from my shortcomings.  Until I had a group of clients, about 50 former clients logged into amazon.com and purchased various legal form books.  All transactions were successful and all clients received their legal form books promptly.

Royalties were still not availble.  By then I had published over 250 legal form books.

I HAVE BEEN MAKING MYSELF SICK OVER THIS ISSUE.  AMAZON HAS ACTED SO ERATICALLY WITH ROYALTY PAYMENTS, THAT THEY  GAVE ME MORE THAN ENOUGH EVIDENCE THAT I HAVE BEEN AND CONTINUE TO BE CHEATED OUT OF ROYALTIES.  AFTER PLAYING MUSICAL CHAIR WITH THEIR REPRESENTATIVES, WHO ALWAYS KILL YOU WITH KINDNESS AND AGREE 100% WHEN SUPPOSINGLY LOOKING AT MY ACCOUNT FROM WAY BACK WHEN. THEN THEY TELL ME THAT THERE IS DEFINITELY A PROBLEM WITH MY ROYALTY PAYMENTS.  HOWEVER, BECAUSE I HAVE SO MANY BOOKS, AND MY ACCOUNT GOES SO FAR BACK SINCE 2007, IT WILL TAKE THEM AT LEAST A FEW WEEKS TO PROPERLY RESEARCH THE MATTER IN ORDER TO MAKE SURE I AM PAID ALL ROYALTIES DUE MY ACCOUNT.  THE FIRST THREE TIMES, I WAS NAIVE ENOUGH TO BELIEVE AND TRUST THOSE ANGELS IN CONTACT SUPPORT WITH CREATESPACE, UNTIL WEEKS WOULD GO BY WITHOUT HEARING FROM THEM, AND I START THE PROCESS ALL OVER AGAIN.

TO THIS DAY,  I STILL RECEIVE THE SAME ANSWER, EXCEPT FOR THE YEAR OF 2014, I WOKE UP FROM A NIGHTMARE WHERE I WAS IN A HEATED ARGUMENT WITH A CREATESPACE REPRESENTATIVE.  I DO NOT RECALL THE DETAILS OF THE DREAMS, BUT I SUDDENLY BOLTED OUT OF BED AT THREE O'CLOCK IN THE MORNING AND SENT THEM THE NASTIEST EMAIL IMAGINABLE.

TWO DAYS LATER, CLOSE TO $15,000.00 WAS DIRECT DEPOSITED INTO THE CORPORATE ACCOUNT.  AT FIRST, I WAS RELEIVED, THINKING THAT THE GAMES, THE CHEATING, THE DOUBLE TALK WAS ALL OVER.

BUT UPON CLOSE INSPECTION OF THE LIST OF BOOKS SOLD, A COLD CHILL CAME OVER ME.  THE LIST OF BOOKS SOLD TO COME UP WITH THE AMOUNT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.  IT IS COMPLETELY IMPOSSIBLE THAT ALL THE PEOPLE IN THE UNITED STATES WOULD DECIDE TO PURCHASE THE SAME LEGAL FORM BOOK AND THE VERY SAME DAY,

"I NEED HELP AND NEED OTHER AUTHORS' STORIES REGARDING ROYALTIES.

RESPECTFULLY SUBMITTED BY

DANIE VICTOR-ALEXANDRE, ESQUIRE,  PUBLISHED UNDER "DANIE VICTOR"

Level 4 2,558 posts since
Jul 2, 2011
1. Feb 21, 2016 6:11 AM in response to: alllegal
Re: I've been living an excrutiating nightmare dealing with Amazon.com

Hi Danie,

It sounds like your books are doing very well, and you received your royalties.  I'd ignore the date on the royalty report; it isn't intended to reflect the date of sale.

What is your current concern?

Stacy

Level 4 2,929 posts since
Feb 7, 2015
2. Feb 21, 2016 11:34 AM in response to: alllegal
Re: I've been living an excrutiating nightmare dealing with Amazon.com

alllegal wrote:

I HAVE BEEN MAKING MYSELF SICK OVER THIS ISSUE.  AMAZON HAS ACTED SO ERATICALLY WITH ROYALTY PAYMENTS, THAT THEY  GAVE ME MORE THAN ENOUGH EVIDENCE THAT I HAVE BEEN AND CONTINUE TO BE CHEATED OUT OF ROYALTIES.

SINCE YOU'RE AN ATTORNEY AND HAVE EVIDENCE THAT AMAZON HAS CHEATED YOU OUT OF ROYALTIES, WHY DON'T YOU FILE SUIT AGAINST AMAZON?

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...