Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

This Question is Answered (go to answer)

2 "helpful" answers available (5 pts)
4,347 Views 2 Replies Last post: Aug 28, 2016 6:23 AM by markbridge RSS
Level 0 6 posts since
Apr 16, 2016
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 27, 2016 5:05 PM

Problem figuring out the CD artwork templates

All right, I managed to get the five templates downloaded to my computer after purchasing WinZip (seems like there should be

a free way to get those files to me, but that's another story).

Once I got the templates (5 of them) on the desktop I couldn't figure out what to do with them.  How do you import artwork/text

into the templates?  Is this something any 12 year old could do but it's beyond the pale for us grownups?  I tried to cut and paste

artwork but the template just stared me down and didn't even blink.

And, if it's extremely technical and will cause me to pull out my remaining hair, is there someone connected to the Createspace

community that can do it for me?

Any answers/help/offers of assistance much appreciated!  Mark

Level 5 4,204 posts since
Oct 27, 2010
Currently Being Moderated
1. Aug 27, 2016 8:37 PM in response to: markbridge
Re: Problem figuring out the CD artwork templates

There are plenty of free utilities to unzip zip files, and most operating systems can do this for you anyway.

The templates are there to show you the dimensions of each piece of artwork, and where the edges and borders lie. You load each into some drawing or photo-eding software, set it as background, then create the layers of your design above it. Alternatively, you can set it as the top layer and set it to 50% opacity so you can see the positioning of your layers through it. If all of this is mumbo-jumbo to you, you will first need to learn how to use drawing or photo-editing software. There are free packages that do this Photo-editing: GIMP, etc. Drawing: Irfanview, etc.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...