Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (10 pts) 2 "helpful" answers available (5 pts)
439 Views 2 Replies Last post: Apr 21, 2017 8:43 AM by Lighthouse24 RSS
Level 0 5 posts since
Nov 29, 2016
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 19, 2017 10:27 AM

Car Coloring Book.

I've been thinking of doing a car coloring book. I've seen several car coloring books on Amazon, including some by an author named Bruce Fontaine. Do these authors just make these books without consulting these car companies? I don't see the car logos like Ford or Chevy featured prominently, but they mention the names of the car companies involved.

Could I just start working on a Ferrari and Lamborghini coloring book, upload it, then sell it as long as the book features my original drawings and doesn't feature the logos of either company at all? As in, it's just the cars? No logos anywhere? If not, does anyone have an idea of how to contact these car companies for licensing rights? I just want to avoid any DMCA notices or design patent infringement lawsuits. Thanks for any replies! I'm thinking of using legalzoom, folks...

awesomelysquishyart.com

A college student making art

(Enjoy Landscapes and Cartoon Coloring Books!)

Level 5 15,307 posts since
May 4, 2008
1. Apr 21, 2017 5:43 AM in response to: HyuckHyuck90
Re: Car Coloring Book.

Unfortunately, the adult colouring book craze is pretty much over. I don't want to discourage you from your project, but do it for yourself and unless you already have created demand for the book, don't expect huge sales.

Michelle

-------------

Odyssey Books -- editing, cover design and book formatting services to help you on your publishing journey.

Level 5 12,716 posts since
Aug 22, 2008
2. Apr 21, 2017 8:43 AM in response to: HyuckHyuck90
Re: Car Coloring Book.

HyuckHyuck90 wrote:

Could I just start working on a Ferrari and Lamborghini coloring book, upload it, then sell it as long as the book features my original drawings and doesn't feature the logos of either company at all?

Yes. I'm not an attorney, but I don't see a problem with that.

I would suggest adding a non-affiliation/non-endorsement disclaimer to the copyright page (indicating that the publisher is not affiliated with nor endorsed by any of the companies who products appear). You can find examples with the proper legal verbiage using a web search.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...