This Question is Answered

1 "correct" answer available (10 pts)
246 Views 5 Replies Last post: Apr 21, 2017 7:18 PM by Richy18 RSS
Level 0 8 posts since
Apr 20, 2017
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 20, 2017 9:46 PM

Hi everyone, I'm new to the group

Can anyone give me ideas about paperback, I have very little knowledge about it. I wonder if I was to upload my manuscript, and later I wish to edit some work, will I be able to do so since it is in book form? As with kindle ebook, we able to do at any time.   Please help....!

Thank you

Level 2 541 posts since
Jul 18, 2009
1. Apr 20, 2017 10:06 PM in response to: Richy18
Re: Hi everyone, I'm new to the group

You can upload a new/edited version of your manuscript at any time, even if you have prematurely pushed the publish button. Simply resubmit your new manuscript for review. That is the beauty of POD (Print on Demand), it is not cast in stone. The books are only printed once ordered, by you or by customers.

Joe.

Level 5 15,126 posts since
May 4, 2008
3. Apr 21, 2017 5:21 AM in response to: Richy18

Richy18 wrote:

Will CS check on the script before they print it, to see if grammar or spelling are corrected,

Only if you pay them to edit your book. You are responsible for the content so it's up to you to ensure the manuscript is error-free.

Michelle

-------------

Odyssey Books -- editing, cover design and book formatting services to help you on your publishing journey.

Level 5 18,261 posts since
Sep 5, 2009
4. Apr 28, 2017 3:06 AM in response to: Richy18

Welcome.

CS is great for you in many ways.  If you're at the editing stage, nothing beats having your book printed on paper . . .studies have shown that we read with better comprehension  from paper compared with monitors.   You could have 1-5 proof copies printed, bound, and trimmed for less than you could get copies made at Kinko's.  Great for having several people read and edit your book.  No formatting, nuttin' . . . 8.5 x 11, as is there is probably nothing you would have to do to meet CS's PDF Submission Specifications.

When you get to formatting, the books around you are models.  I have quite a few free PDFs on my Free Page that are geared to helping in formatting, etc.

Walton

Bleeds,  free, 91 page guide to bleeds, margins, covers, and annotated CreateSpace guidelines. Prepress Glossary: free, 79 page, fully illustrated prepress glossary with annotations for  CreateSpace users Type & Typography: free, 112 page illustrated guide to designing books, typography, with glossary, and type specimen pages  Free: list of free PDF downloads; Contact for graphics, design, and typesetting help.

Message was edited by: CreateSpace Forum Moderators

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...