Skip navigation

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (10 pts) 2 "helpful" answers available (5 pts)
351 Views 2 Replies Last post: Apr 28, 2017 3:02 AM by walton RSS
Level 0 1 posts since
Sep 5, 2015
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 20, 2017 4:50 PM

Printing in booklet form?

I am using one of the word templates for my book and no matter what settings I change, it will not allow me to print in booklet form. I want to actually see the book printed out the right away before going to print.

Changing to "book fold" only creates a "half size" of my book. Currently it is set at 5.5 x 8.5. I should be able to print on both sides and flip pages on the short side. But nothing works.

We had this problem with our last book as well. Anyone else having this challenge?

Level 5 15,225 posts since
May 4, 2008
1. Apr 21, 2017 5:27 AM in response to: dholli
Re: Printing in booklet form?

I always create a PDF first, and Acrobat gives you the option to print as a booklet. The booklet setting automatically imposes the pages so that when you print and fold the booklet, all the pages are in the correct order.

Michelle

-------------

Odyssey Books -- editing, cover design and book formatting services to help you on your publishing journey.

Level 5 18,780 posts since
Sep 5, 2009
2. Apr 28, 2017 3:02 AM in response to: dholli
Re: Printing in booklet form?

Or just have CS print the book!  You do not have to approve the proof, and you cannot enable distribution until you do.  So there are 2 steps that protect your book, and it stays your secret. You can use the free ISBN, throw-away cover, etc. and for a few bucks, you'll see the book and you'll be more familiar with the process.

Walton

Bleeds,  free, 91 page guide to bleeds, margins, covers, and annotated CreateSpace guidelines. Prepress Glossary: free, 79 page, fully illustrated prepress glossary with annotations for  CreateSpace users Type & Typography: free, 112 page illustrated guide to designing books, typography, with glossary, and type specimen pages  Free: list of free PDF downloads; Contact for graphics, design, and typesetting help.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...