Skip navigation
121 Views 3 Replies Last post: Apr 22, 2017 3:44 AM by fallen_star87 RSS
Level 0 2 posts since
Apr 20, 2017
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 20, 2017 2:52 AM

Intro and help with resources

Hi all I'm Jennifer.

I left my job a few months back to work full time on writing my new book which is about the journey into the heart. I decided after 7-8 years of writing for someone else it was time to do something for myself. I found this forum whilst googling for places for writing advice/communities to hopefully its a good place to start. The book is going well but one thing I am struggling with is a good central resource for spiritual quotes. I looked on things like BrainyQuote and QuoteGarden but they are not very spiritually focussed. I've found the odd page (e.g. Elephant Journal) but wondered if anyone knew of a more central place? Ideally ones by spiritual leaders etc.

Anyway thanks for your help and nice to meet you!

Level 5 18,160 posts since
Sep 5, 2009
1. Apr 21, 2017 8:57 AM in response to: fallen_star87
Re: Intro and help with resources

Copyright issues aside, I would look at actual books of quotations, for example:

• Bartlett's
  • Oxford

Depending on your goals, what you select is more important that what the editors of Bartlett's found.  When you read books, mark things that stand out.  A cheat would be to get the books on Kindle, where, often, you find that a gazillion other readers have already highlighted interesting quotes.

If the site become too full of spam, come on over to SelfPublishingForum, it's new, today!

Walton

Bleeds,  free, 91 page guide to bleeds, margins, covers, and annotated CreateSpace guidelines. Prepress Glossary: free, 79 page, fully illustrated prepress glossary with annotations for  CreateSpace users Type & Typography: free, 112 page illustrated guide to designing books, typography, with glossary, and type specimen pages  Free: list of free PDF downloads; Contact for graphics, design, and typesetting help.

Level 3 877 posts since
May 25, 2010
2. Apr 21, 2017 11:26 AM in response to: fallen_star87
Re: Intro and help with resources

www.sdiworld.org has some good quotes posted.

Magic_Man

===================================================

Yes, you CAN format your manuscript into a book format with MS Word.

http://briskiconsulting.teachable.com/

Click the link to reach a step-by-step video course.

I've made the lesson on inserting Page Numbers FREE so you can see my teaching style and detail.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...