This discussion is archived
285 Views 3 Replies Last post: Apr 22, 2017 3:44 AM by fallen_star87 RSS
Level 0 2 posts since
Apr 20, 2017
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 20, 2017 2:52 AM

Intro and help with resources

Hi all I'm Jennifer.

I left my job a few months back to work full time on writing my new book which is about the journey into the heart. I decided after 7-8 years of writing for someone else it was time to do something for myself. I found this forum whilst googling for places for writing advice/communities to hopefully its a good place to start. The book is going well but one thing I am struggling with is a good central resource for spiritual quotes. I looked on things like BrainyQuote and QuoteGarden but they are not very spiritually focussed. I've found the odd page (e.g. Elephant Journal) but wondered if anyone knew of a more central place? Ideally ones by spiritual leaders etc.

Anyway thanks for your help and nice to meet you!

Level 5 19,049 posts since
Sep 5, 2009
1. Apr 28, 2017 3:04 AM in response to: fallen_star87
Re: Intro and help with resources

Copyright issues aside, I would look at actual books of quotations, for example:

• Bartlett's
  • Oxford

Depending on your goals, what you select is more important that what the editors of Bartlett's found.  When you read books, mark things that stand out.  A cheat would be to get the books on Kindle, where, often, you find that a gazillion other readers have already highlighted interesting quotes.

Walton

Bleeds,  free, 91 page guide to bleeds, margins, covers, and annotated CreateSpace guidelines. Prepress Glossary: free, 79 page, fully illustrated prepress glossary with annotations for  CreateSpace users Type & Typography: free, 112 page illustrated guide to designing books, typography, with glossary, and type specimen pages  Free: list of free PDF downloads; Contact for graphics, design, and typesetting help.

Message was edited by: CreateSpace Forum Moderators

Level 3 929 posts since
May 25, 2010
2. Apr 21, 2017 11:26 AM in response to: fallen_star87
Re: Intro and help with resources

www.sdiworld.org has some good quotes posted.

Magic_Man

===================================================

Yes, you CAN format your manuscript into a book format with MS Word.

http://briskiconsulting.teachable.com/

Click the link to reach a step-by-step video course.

I've made the lesson on inserting Page Numbers FREE so you can see my teaching style and detail.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...