Skip navigation

This Question is Answered

1 "correct" answer available (10 pts)
196,226 Views 439 Replies Last post: Apr 15, 2014 5:56 AM by Bationi RSS Go to original post
  1 2 3 4 5 ... 30 Previous Next
Level 0 53 posts since
Apr 5, 2008
Currently Being Moderated
30. Dec 22, 2009 3:08 PM in response to: lipmag
Re: International royalty payments
Ah - I see. Well, I'll find out what my bank charges for USD cheques, then go from there. If I have to go the Payoneer way, there's the IRS to deal with, right?  More research...
Level 0 53 posts since
Apr 5, 2008
32. Dec 22, 2009 4:00 PM in response to: lipmag

"

"Bing" - the light goes on...   You probably saw this question coming: Is there an FAQ or forum thread that I can follow to get the details on dealing with  IRS tax exemptions?

Thanks for your help BTW.

Hominid.

Level 0 53 posts since
Apr 5, 2008
34. Dec 23, 2009 8:23 AM in response to: lipmag

Just what the doctor ordered.  Thank you lipmag!

Happy Holidays,

H

Level 0 1 posts since
Aug 17, 2008
35. Dec 24, 2009 10:15 AM in response to: LOTONtech
I agree, PayPal is needed. When I receive a check from CS, I don't even bother to go to the Bank. They are charging me in exess of £20 to cash or deposit a check. That is in no way helpful to me. PayPal would solve all these issues.
Level 0 8 posts since
Aug 31, 2008
36. Dec 29, 2009 10:49 PM in response to: lipmag

Found it Simple and quick to get an EIN- was done over the phone

I would like to ask for PAYPAL payments as cheques are a real challenge here in Australia to deposit- take forever to clear and Cost $ to deposit or as google do Direct deposit- simple way to go

Level 0 18 posts since
Dec 16, 2009
37. Dec 30, 2009 10:42 AM in response to: suziecheel
What is an EIN number?
Level 1 11 posts since
Jan 3, 2010
38. Jan 4, 2010 1:01 AM in response to: barbjohnson74
Payoneer card and Virtual Account

Dear CreateSpace community.

My name is Tomer and I’m with the Payoneer Team.

I’ll be happy to answer every question related to Payoneer you might have.

One of the main challenges for international users is how to get paid efficiently, we understand the challenge and believe Payoneer is probably the most cost effective solution for international users to get paid – we work hard to constantly innovate and provide the best possible service.

One of our products that has been mentioned in this thread is the Payoneer Virtual US Account, it is a unique solution that enables the selected Payoneer card holders that have the Virtual Account function enabled to receive ACH (direct deposits) transfers from selected US organizations.

We don’t yet officially work with CS but thanks to Monica (a very valuable and caring card holder that was kind enough to share her experience with all the community) a group of CS users approached us directly and got a Payoneer card and the Virtual Account and they were able to transfer funds from CS to that account – I think so far their experience has been positive.

If you have any question you can always also email me directly to tomer@payoneer.com and I will do my best to help you.

All the best

--Tomer

Payoneer Team

Level 0 88 posts since
Jun 12, 2008
40. Jan 8, 2010 9:14 AM in response to: lipmag
Re: Payoneer card and Virtual Account

Re: 30% tax withholding for international members... I've been thinking about this issue because the taxes are starting to hurt me and I came up with this solution:

1. Open a US-based LLC. This is possible for any foreigner, through websites such as LegalZoom, for example. Last time I checked it costs around $200 or so.

2. Open a Payoneer account in the name of that LLC

3. Have my CS royalty sent to this account. So, CS would be paying a US company, not an individual. I assume a company gets their own tax details.

4. If everything works out well, CS wouldn't withhold any taxes. Instead, my LLC would be responsible for paying the taxes as any other US company does. What are those taxes? What can be claimed as tax exempt? I don't know much about this stuff so any info is appreciated.

Just a note that I haven't yet done any of this, it's still just a thought and I'm looking for any knowledgeable person to share their opinion on this.

What do you think?

Cheers,

Djape

Level 0 18 posts since
Dec 16, 2009
41. Jan 8, 2010 9:35 AM in response to: djape

BookSurge did NOT NOT NOT withhold money for the IRS when paying royalties -- so they have informed me in writing.

I have emailed CS customer support but have received no response.

If CS wants a large business, CS should have telephone-customer-support.

If it does not have customer support by telephone, CS does NOT NOT NOT deserve the business,

I do NOT NOT NOT like doing business with a company with which I cannot communicate through another human being.

CS is a disgrace.

I do know however that now-- in 2010--there is a USD $91,000 exemption for ex-pats in Costa Rica, where I live.

That exemption, I assume, is available for ex-pats worldwide.

I hope that some CS executive reads his blog.

CS execs MUST learn just how woefully bad their customer relations are.

Barbara

barbjohnson74@gmail.com

Level 1 11 posts since
Jan 3, 2010
42. Jan 10, 2010 3:19 AM in response to: lipmag

Thanks Michelle,

I look forward to participating in this community.

Level 1 11 posts since
Jan 3, 2010
43. Jan 10, 2010 3:22 AM in response to: djape

Hi,

Just one remark...

To get a Payoneer card you dont need to Open a US-based LLC.

User all arroud the world have Payoneer cards.

In addition, selected Payoneer users can open a Virtual Account that provides them a Virtual US Account number and Routing number hence allowing them to get direct deposits to their account as if they had a US Bank account.

thanks

--Tomer

Level 0 8 posts since
Aug 31, 2008
44. Jan 10, 2010 3:31 AM in response to: Hominid
Re: Internatio tax file no E
rtI found it very simple to get a USA EIN I think all done over the phone and I am in Australia

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...