Skip navigation
338 Views 4 Replies Last post: Jun 18, 2017 5:22 AM by Oreohelix RSS
Level 0 2 posts since
Apr 12, 2017
Currently Being Moderated

Jun 16, 2017 4:17 AM

Help with Distortions on Images

I'm soooo close to having the interior of my book approved but keep getting error messges that some of my images are 200 DPI and will look distorted.  I've asked my Designer to double check the file and she swears that they are not 200 DPI.  I don't know why when I submit them to CreateSpace they come back distorted.  Anyone have any experience with this?  Anyone know how to fixed this?

Thanks so much. 

Level 5 5,048 posts since
Jan 17, 2010
1. Jun 16, 2017 5:21 AM in response to: MissMarple
Re: Help with Distortions on Images

Are you positive the size of the PDF you uploaded matches the trim size, and that you selected the right bleed option? If something is not correct there, CS could have resized your file, which would affect the ppi of images.

Sarah
Editor & Book Designer
http://sleepingcatbooks.com
Find us on Facebook

Learning French? Try our bilingual English-French series

Self-publishing forum

Level 5 18,893 posts since
Sep 5, 2009
2. Jun 16, 2017 4:35 PM in response to: MissMarple

If your source file was Word, then your images will be downsized (e.g. 300 dpi > 200 dpi) unless you:

• disable Words image compression which downsizes images
  • use a PDF conversion program other than Word's . . . Acrobat ($$$) or free: doPDF, primoPDF, cutePDF, PDF995, etc.

And if the file was a Word file, then you need to re-insert the images . . . insert and have them at the size you need, do not reszie the images inside Word.

If you did not use Word, tell us what programs were used, including how the file was converted to PDF.

Walton

Level 4 2,399 posts since
Jul 2, 2011
4. Jun 18, 2017 5:22 AM in response to: MissMarple

Given the number of people that have this exact problem, I'm hoping the nice folks at Microsoft will eventually change the compression default to off.

So far they haven't asked my opinion, though. 

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...