Skip navigation
446 Views 0 Replies Last post: Jun 18, 2017 2:23 AM by Tomass RSS
Level 0 5 posts since
Dec 3, 2015
Currently Being Moderated

Jun 18, 2017 2:23 AM

Ranking Books on Amazon - Amazon SEO and Amazon's Search Algorithm

Hello guys and gals of Createspace!

I recently wrote and published an article on Amazon's Search algorithm, Amazon SEO, geared specifically for self-publishers. I thought it may be useful for many of you here!

A quick intro about me and my project - my name is Tomass and over the past couple of years, I've been utilizing Createspace amongst other platforms, systems and tools to build a profitable indie publishing business. Now, I and a small team have come together, to create a site with the aim of serving as a resource for self-publishers - https://wordwave.pub (yes, .pub not .com), full of HQ articles, infographics, videos and more.

Here's a summary, a distilled version if you will, of the article, of the main elements that you need to understand and implement for you to rank your book on Amazon.

The 2 main ways that people discover books on Amazon are:

1. by searching for a certain keyword via amazon’s search function
  2. by finding it on bestseller lists

Then there also are 'paths to products' which you don't have as much influence over, but which still play a part in the system:

• 'Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought'
  • Email Marketing Products that Are Relevant to Customer's Previous Searches
  • ... and a few others

And here are the main "pillars" of amazon's search algorithm:

• Keyword Relevance
    • Source Keywords
  • Reviews - Quantity and Rating
  • Sales Rank & Conversion Rates
    • Time on Page & Page Bounce Rates

That's the basic gist of it! If you'd like to learn more about the intricacies of this and how you can apply these to your books to increase exposure and sales, then -

click here to read the full version on our website

(Don't worry, there is no catch, the article is 100% free and no email opt-in is required)

Cheers!

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...