Skip navigation
1,351 Views 15 Replies Last post: Jun 21, 2017 7:59 AM by Lighthorse RSS
  1 2 Previous Next
Level 0 3 posts since
Jun 25, 2015
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 2, 2017 5:51 PM

Interior Reviewer Not Working...

Just wondering if I am the only person with this problem. The interior reviewer has not worked for me (on three separate titles I have uploaded) for about three weeks now. I have contact CS several times but have yet to see any changes to the glitch...

Level 5 3,505 posts since
Feb 1, 2011
1. Jan 2, 2017 6:39 PM in response to: Gadz
Re: Interior Reviewer Not Working...

You need to have the latest version of Adobe Flash Player installed.  Google it, download it, install the latest version and try again.  Good luck.

Dan'l

Level 5 3,505 posts since
Feb 1, 2011
3. Jan 2, 2017 7:16 PM in response to: Gadz

Well, if it's been going on for about three weeks now then I am pretty sure that it's a problem with either your system or else the file you are uploading is corrupted in some way or something.  Are you uploading a PDF file?

I have not uploaded anything in the past 3 weeks, but I come to the forum every single day and this is the first time I've seen this problem - in other words, nobody else has mentioned it.

Please tell us what you are uploading and how you created that file and maybe somebody else will have a better idea of what the problem might be.

Dan'l

Level 0 1 posts since
Jan 16, 2016
4. Jan 3, 2017 2:49 AM in response to: Gadz

It has not worked for me too. It opens but nothing happens when I put button "get started". 

I can`t do anything, even closing reviewer doesn`t work.

New flash player is already installed. I also have tried different browsers and files, but iusse stays the same. :/

Level 0 3 posts since
Mar 28, 2016
5. Mar 7, 2017 6:44 AM in response to: Savu

Just to add my voice to those saying that the Interior Reviewer is not working... It simply won't load, in my case. I've downloaded the latest Adobe Flash thing.  Infuriating.

Level 0 1 posts since
May 21, 2016
6. Mar 12, 2017 12:01 PM in response to: Gadz

Interior Reviewer not working for me either. Just comes up with a black screen when I click the link to edit my file. Used to work last year. Updated Flash too, and no difference.

Level 0 1 posts since
Mar 23, 2017
8. Mar 23, 2017 5:56 PM in response to: Gadz

Same here. I uploaded it as a DOC file. It says:

Your web browser does not currently support Flash Player 10.2, which is required to open Interior Reviewer. For instructions on how to get Flash Player, go here.

---Current version of Flash at that location is ver. 25.0.0.127. It says my system is up to date.

The DOC file is a template file from Create Space. How are you supposed to publish if you cannot see the errors it reports?

Level 0 1 posts since
Jan 1, 2011
9. Apr 5, 2017 12:11 PM in response to: Seahunter

Hi, I am having the same exact issue. I've tried this on 3 different computers, too. All say the same exact thing about Flash  being out of date. I have the absolutel latest version of Flash on my system. I've reported it and haven't heard a peep from them. Very frustrated.

Level 0 3 posts since
Mar 28, 2016
10. Apr 5, 2017 12:15 PM in response to: deecar

Hi - v sorry to hear that you are experiencing the same problem that I did.

In my case, I complained to CreateSpace, downloaded the latest flash thing as instructed, complained to CS again when it still didn't work - and then it worked...

So I guess my only advice would be to keep complaining until it works. Good luck!

Level 5 18,452 posts since
Sep 5, 2009
11. Apr 5, 2017 12:41 PM in response to: Gadz

If uploading a doc or rtf file worked and trying to upload a PDF did not . . . be aware that the PDF CS makes will not always match what your file.

Also, if you used .otf fonts (e.g. arial.ttf versus MinionPro-Regular_0.otf) which you can in Word, the fonts won't embed in the Word file. So if you upload a doc with Minion Pro, CS will try to substitute their fonts.  They have some and nowadays they will try. This can be disastrous.

My sense is that you got terrible advice, but it worked!

Walton

Bleeds,  free, 91 page guide to bleeds, margins, covers, and annotated CreateSpace guidelines. Prepress Glossary: free, 79 page, fully illustrated prepress glossary with annotations for  CreateSpace users Type & Typography: free, 112 page illustrated guide to designing books, typography, with glossary, and type specimen pages  Free: list of free PDF downloads; Contact for graphics, design, and typesetting help.

Level 0 1 posts since
Nov 10, 2016
12. Jun 18, 2017 3:55 AM in response to: Gadz

It also happens to me whenever I use Internet Explorer. So I simply switch to Opera (now it's ver.45.0 in my case), and it works without a hitch. FYI: some minor version of Opera 44.0.xxx used to have the same problem: it was incompatible with the latest and properly installed Adobe Flash. A simple update of the browser cleared everything. IE, however, is much more stubborn, and I still can't make it work with the Interior Reviewer...

Level 1 222 posts since
Oct 6, 2014
13. Jun 18, 2017 10:17 AM in response to: dogbertozoid

Flash Player Help has access to the Flash version tester and instrutions for enabling it in various browsers. If Flash is enabled in IE but isn't functioning, see if ActiveX filtering is activated and de-activate it. If you are having trouble with the installer, save it to a file, then close all browers before running the installer. Verify that all browsers are closed, not just running in background, in Task Manager > Processes.

I don't know why the browser you're not installing the Flash add on must be closed, but when I tried to update the Flash ActiveX control for IE, it wouldn't allow me to do it with Firefox running, even though Firefox uses NPAPI plugins.

Level 0 1 posts since
Jan 24, 2011
14. Jun 21, 2017 4:56 AM in response to: Gadz

I had the same problem and none of the suggested solutions worked. I was running the very latest Flash Player on Chrome, but nothing worked

UNTIL ...

I went here

chrome://settings/content

and checked the "Allow sites to run Flash"

As often is the case, the solution was so simple in the end.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...