Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (10 pts) 2 "helpful" answers available (5 pts)
422 Views 1 Reply Last post: Jun 18, 2017 1:07 PM by Seisa RSS
Level 0 1 posts since
Nov 30, 2016
Currently Being Moderated

Jun 18, 2017 12:40 PM

Newbie Here

I'm so new I don't even know how to get around to looking at threads to see if this has been answered already, but here's my question. I'm using createspace's book cover creator and using my own images, using the palms, I think it's called. It says that my images and lettering are outside the margins how do I change the image of my pdf, whenever I try to open the pdf image it says that it can't be opened by acrobat reader etc, and I think I'm following what it says to do, but then it still says it can't open it. HELP Please if you can, anything would be helpful. As I wait for answers I'll try to find the threads for this group and see if it's been answered again.

Level 5 5,179 posts since
Jan 17, 2010
Currently Being Moderated
1. Jun 18, 2017 1:07 PM in response to: Erin_Geil
Re: Newbie Here

I'm not really sure what you're trying to do. I don't use the Cover Creator, but it's my understanding that it only accepts JPG files (image files), not PDFs. At any rate, PDFs are not editable to the extent you would need if you have live elements in the margins. You'd need to go back to your source file (presumably an image file) and edit that.

Sarah
Editor & Book Designer
http://sleepingcatbooks.com
Find us on Facebook

Learning French? Try our bilingual English-French series

Self-publishing forum

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...