Skip navigation
1,087 Views 24 Replies Last post: Jun 18, 2017 4:12 PM by Oreohelix RSS Go to original post
  1 2 Previous Next
Level 4 1,980 posts since
Feb 7, 2015
Currently Being Moderated
15. Jun 15, 2017 4:07 PM in response to: orpub
Re: My KDP Ad Campaigns Infected with FAKE CLICKS

I'm curious -- what's with all the bold text in your posts? Afraid they won't be understood without it?

Level 5 3,838 posts since
Oct 27, 2010
16. Jun 15, 2017 6:55 PM in response to: Lorem_Ipsum

Lorem_Ipsum wrote:

Afraid they won't be understood without it?

I sort of get this. If at first I don't understand something I select all text and convert it to bold upper case. Amazing how clarifying this step can be. If there are still areas where I suspect my understanding is incomplete, or where a certain ambiguity remains, I add underlining and choose a larger font, and maybe italics. By then, everything is transparent, lucid, incandescent with import. In one or two extreme cases, adding red is the final touch - producing a depth of insight a seer would envy.

Level 4 1,980 posts since
Feb 7, 2015
17. Jun 15, 2017 7:28 PM in response to: Maaku

Most people lie about LOLing -- they didn't really LOL -- but I actually LOLed at that. (Note that I didn't LOLOLOL, an idiotic tautology that translates to "laugh out loud out loud out loud.")

Level 4 2,318 posts since
Jul 2, 2011
20. Jun 16, 2017 11:35 AM in response to: orpub

You would like them to adjust your daily clicks to not consider fake clicks in your daily budget.  That's a reasonable thing to want, since it wouldn't prematurely end your ad campaign each day.

However, since they don't detect those fake clicks on the fly the best they can do is to not charge you for them.

You can ask them until you're blue in the face, it won't change their process.  You can also ask them for an automated report on how many fake clicks you have per day to make sure you're not being charged for them, or to determine other information about them.  Again, if they don't have a process in place to generate such a report they won't be able to provide this information to you.  

Level 2 587 posts since
Jul 18, 2009
21. Jun 16, 2017 3:29 PM in response to: orpub

I must reiterate: Createspace has nothing to do with your KDP ad campaign. GO PESTER THE KDP FORUM WITH THIS!!!!!!!!!!

Level 4 2,318 posts since
Jul 2, 2011
24. Jun 18, 2017 4:12 PM in response to: orpub

Good luck, and I hope they will find a way to ignore those clicks but I imagine if they were able to analyze them on the fly they would have done that already.  However, Amazon develops new tools all the time, maybe they will find a way at some point.

I think you should keep in mind (and it might make you feel better) that this isn't a scam.  No one has anything to gain from this. The internet is a crazy place where automated web crawlers are all over everything.  Anything that has a link to/from anything will have web crawlers on it.  My own web page has a ton of traffic, but 99% of it is from bots. Nothing scammy, just the internet being the internet. I guess that's where all your fake clicks are coming from.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...