Skip navigation
657 Views 6 Replies Last post: Jun 22, 2017 3:57 AM by Notjohn RSS
Level 0 2 posts since
Mar 4, 2015
Currently Being Moderated

Jun 15, 2017 1:58 PM

Complaint - overdue royalties

I've been publishing with CreateSpace for over two years and, up to the end of April 2017, they always paid royalties on time. However, since then I have not received any royalties despite having nearly $2000 unpaid on my account. I've e-mailed and rung several times over the past two weeks, but I have not received a satisfactory response from CreateSpace. They keep saying they'll reply within one business day, but they never do. I've made a formal complaint - still no response.

Has anyone else had this problem and does anyone know how to escalate the complaint?

Level 5 18,893 posts since
Sep 5, 2009
1. Jun 15, 2017 2:04 PM in response to: cgill
Re: Complaint - overdue royalties

I haven't had the problem, but I would call Customer Service, and ask to speak to a manager.  You might have to raise your voice or threaten to end the universe as we know it, but you should be able to speak to someone of some authority.  I would explain the problem and ask to whom to send the information.  Oh, and don't actually end the universe as we know it, Washington is doing that for us.

Walton

Bleeds,  free, 91 page guide to bleeds, margins, covers, and annotated CreateSpace guidelines. Prepress Glossary: free, 79 page, fully illustrated prepress glossary with annotations for  CreateSpace users Type & Typography: free, 112 page illustrated guide to designing books, typography, with glossary, and type specimen pages  Free: list of free PDF downloads; selfpublishingforum: spam free forum. Contact  for graphics, design, and typesetting help.

Level 4 2,202 posts since
Feb 7, 2015
2. Jun 15, 2017 4:13 PM in response to: walton

walton wrote:

Oh, and don't actually end the universe as we know it, Washington is doing that for us.

And they're selling "Make Our Universe Great Again" caps (made in China, of course).

Level 4 2,399 posts since
Jul 2, 2011
4. Jun 19, 2017 4:24 AM in response to: cgill

This happened to me once last year.   It turns out that CS had been making payments but they were rejected by my bank.  This after having received payments with no problems for several years.  Neither CS nor the bank could determine what was wrong.

I changed the bank account for the deposit, and the payment was made without problem.  Months later it turned out the bank had made an internal change which caused direct deposits to fail.  I updated it and switched the account back.  CS didn't have control or information of any of this, and complaining louder to them would have had no effect.

Based on my own limited experience, I suggest changing the bank account associated with your royalties to see if that helps.  Keep in mind you may have to wait until the next payment date to have them try again.

Level 5 15,259 posts since
May 4, 2008
5. Jun 22, 2017 3:37 AM in response to: cgill

Have you tried going through the Satisfaction Guarantee option (see CS's homepage). I believe that goes to a different area than the regular customer support section.

Michelle

-------------

Odyssey Books -- editing, cover design and book formatting services to help you on your publishing journey.

Level 2 119 posts since
Jun 20, 2017
6. Jun 22, 2017 3:57 AM in response to: cgill

Have you discussed this with your bank? That's usually where the problem lies.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...