Skip navigation
742 Views 15 Replies Last post: Aug 14, 2017 5:37 PM by Maaku RSS
  1 2 Previous Next
Level 0 7 posts since
May 11, 2015
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 13, 2017 9:50 AM

Amazon screws over writer.

I just published DANGEROUS LOVE on Amazon. Amazon has attached a review 5 years before my publication of another book. Amazon refuses to take that review off.

Level 4 2,122 posts since
Feb 7, 2015
1. Aug 13, 2017 10:28 AM in response to: R.Jay
Re: Amazon screws over writer.

R.Jay wrote:

Amazon has attached a review 5 years before my publication of another book. Amazon refuses to take that review off.

So Amazon can foretell the future? I did not know that.

Level 5 5,992 posts since
Mar 10, 2012
2. Aug 13, 2017 4:46 PM in response to: R.Jay

I've searched a number of books with that title on Amazon and don't see the issue can you please provide a link.

Level 5 3,919 posts since
Oct 27, 2010
3. Aug 13, 2017 4:51 PM in response to: R.Jay

R.Jay wrote:

I just published DANGEROUS LOVE on Amazon. Amazon has attached a review 5 years before my publication of another book. Amazon refuses to take that review off.

This looks odd. There are two review: one from 2004 and one from 2012. The earlier review is a verbatim twin of the book's blurb, so I wonder which came first and who wrote it. It gives four stars, so I presume this is not the one you are complaining about. The later one-star review is pretty damning but does appears to be about the same book, with a semi-autobiographical character living a sex and drugs lifestyle in Los Angeles, despite what you say about it being about 'another book'. Can you shed some more light on the matter?

Ref: https://www.amazon.com/Dangerous-Love-R-J-Wilson/dp/151220062X/

Mar 10, 2012
4. Aug 13, 2017 5:02 PM in response to: Maaku

Looks like someone republished their book that was originally published in 2004 by PublishAmerica ISBN13: 9781413725636 in hopes of wiping out Amazon reviews and when that didn't work they have decided to post complaints.  The new cover is an improvement but the reviews are still valid and Amazon won't remove them.

https://www.fictiondb.com/author/rj-wilson~dangerous-love~142980~b.htm

https://www.amazon.in/Dangerous-Love-Novel-R-J-Wilson-ebook/dp/B005WOFH0M

Level 5 3,919 posts since
Oct 27, 2010
5. Aug 13, 2017 5:07 PM in response to: R.C.

I know what it looks like, but would like to hear the author's explanation.

Mar 10, 2012
10. Aug 14, 2017 11:23 AM in response to: R.Jay
Re: Amazon allows negative reviews.

R.Jay wrote:

You're initial complaint was that the review was for 'another book' and posted 5 years before publication. These statements were knowingly false therefore why should we assume that your statements about the review are not also false.

The review, whether vidictive or not, does not violate Amazon's review policy. It is a proper opinion by a verified purchaser. The point of reviews is to offer opinion, good or bad. This person had a negative opinion and offered it. We do not know their reason for doing so nor can we make assumptions as to it.

We do, however, know that you made false claims about why it should be removed and that makes your entire complaint about Amazon policy suspect.

Level 4 2,376 posts since
Jul 2, 2011
11. Aug 14, 2017 12:13 PM in response to: R.Jay

Most books will have some negative reviews, regardless of why they were written.

I suggest you work on marketing and building a reader base, and if your book is well received, you will have mostly good reviews to cover up the bad one.

Mar 10, 2012
14. Aug 14, 2017 12:36 PM in response to: R.Jay
Re: Amazon allows negative reviews.

R.Jay wrote:

So untrue. You are inventing lies to protect yourself. But I'll tell you what: let's just drop the whole thing. I'm tired of going on about Amazon's unfairness to writiers. Let's just leave it as is that Amazon does not care about the integrity of it's products. I'm done talking about all of this. End of story.

What lies did I invent, and what reason would I have to protect myself. I'm an uninvolved third party.

I directly quoted your initial post where you falsly claimed that the review was for another book and placed five years before you published.

To me, this shows that Amazon is fair to its buyers, the people that pay the bills and use reviews to gauge products. They have refused to take down a review that is a) verified b) for your book and c) does not violate the terms and conditions. In fact, if either review on your book is suspect I would suggest it is the 4 star and not the 1 star as the 4 star review is from a customer that has reviewed nothing else and merely restates your book blurb.

No one likes a negative review but let's not blame Amazon for allowing valid opinions to stand and let's certainly not post false statements when complaining about it.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...