Skip navigation
362 Views 4 Replies Last post: Sep 13, 2017 1:10 AM by Maaku RSS
Level 0 1 posts since
Sep 12, 2017
Currently Being Moderated

Sep 12, 2017 1:34 PM

ENTERING

HELLO ALL.  IM NEW TO THE GROUP.  I ALWAYS TALK IN CAPS IN ORDER FOR ME TO SEE BETTER AND I DO HAVE ON MY GLASSES...LOL...JUST WANTED TO SAY HI, AS I SCROLL AROUND LOOKING TO SEE WHATS ALL HERE. JUST FINISHED MY FIRST BOOK, NEED TO HAVE IT EDITED AND ALL THAT GOOD STUFF. IM SO EXCITED AND FEEL LIKE GIVING UP AT THE SAME TIME, BUT I GUESS THE HARDEST PART IS OVER ...

Level 2 647 posts since
Jul 18, 2009
1. Sep 12, 2017 3:14 PM in response to: FORDLICIA
Re: ENTERING

HELLO AND WELCOME. NUP, THE HARDEST BIT IS NOT DONE IF YOU HAVE PUBLISHED. MARKETING AND PROMOTION ARE JUST AS TOUGH. HAVE FUN, SEE YA.

JOE.

Level 5 4,054 posts since
Oct 27, 2010
2. Sep 12, 2017 4:47 PM in response to: FORDLICIA

i think all-caps is a great idea and you should stick to it, no matter what you are doing. don't let anyone tell you any different; don't even get lured into using small-caps - they're just for the indecisive.

ivebeenwonderingaboutdispensingwithallpunctuationjustlikethegoodolddaysofearlywritingitseemssuchawasteofspacetofillonespageswithspecksofinkandgaps

betweenwordstheonlythingihaventreallysortedoutyetishowtohandlelinebreaksafterihaveconqueredthatparticularproblemiwillhavetodealwithpagebreakstooi

supposebutenoughaboutmegoforitandliveyourdream

Level 2 294 posts since
Feb 11, 2016
3. Sep 12, 2017 9:19 PM in response to: Maaku

I find your sentence below very difficult to read with all of those vowels, so I have kindly fixed it.

----------------

"i think all-caps is a great idea and you should stick to it, no matter  what you are doing. don't let anyone tell you any different; don't even  get lured into using small-caps - they're just for the indecisive."

----------------

The "better" version:

----------------

i thnk ll-cps is a grt ida and yu shld stck to it, no mttr  wht yu ar dng. dn't lt anyn tll yu any dffrnt; dn't evn  gt lrd into usng smll-cps - thy're jst fr th indcsv.

----------------

(I once saw a fun thread on a different forum years ago where they removed a lot of the vowels from the sentences and you could still tell what the person was writing, much like I have edited your sentence.  I think there had been some research on this.)

Level 5 4,054 posts since
Oct 27, 2010
4. Sep 13, 2017 1:10 AM in response to: BooksAndMore

BooksAndMore wrote:

i thnk ll-cps is a grt ida and yu shld stck to it, no mttr  wht yu ar dng. dn't lt anyn tll yu any dffrnt; dn't evn  gt lrd into usng smll-cps - thy're jst fr th indcsv.

(I once saw a fun thread on a different forum years ago where they removed a lot of the vowels from the sentences and you could still tell what the person was writing, much like I have edited your sentence.  I think there had been some research on this.)

Or:

I thnk Lcps is a gr8 IDa + U shd stk 2 it, no mtr wt U R dng. Dnt lt NE1 tl U NE dfrnt; dnt Evn gt lrd N2 Usng smlcps - thr jst 4 th NDcsv.

It has been swhon taht as lnog as the fsirt and lsat lteetr of ecah wrod is in the crcroet pcale, and all ohetr lertets are psenret, the rsluenatt txet is qiute esay to raed.

I sm t rmmbr tht th scrpts f sm lnggs dspns wth vwls. M nt sr t s gd d.

Mch mr lpgrm fn t b had hr: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lipogram

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...