Skip navigation
319 Views 6 Replies Last post: Nov 18, 2017 10:15 AM by Lorem_Ipsum RSS
Level 0 2 posts since
Sep 5, 2017
Currently Being Moderated

Sep 13, 2017 12:55 PM

How else am I able to find out what the issues are that reviewer finds? (My browser can't run flash)

Try as I might, I have not been able to solve the Chrome vs Adobe Flash issue.  I have tried the work around for Chrome.  I also have installed Firefox as many have said works fine with flash.  I have spent over three hours today to no avail.

My frustration is that the reviewer feedback says the reviewer has found 2 issues.  How can I find out what those two issues are without fiddling around any further with the flash issue?

Level 4 2,438 posts since
Jul 2, 2011

Hi T,

What are the two issues?

Stacy

Level 3 399 posts since
Oct 16, 2014

You probably just need to turn on Flash in your browser.

In Firefox, in the upper right corner is a symbol with three bars.  Click on that, select Add-ons, then Plugins.  At the far right of the Flash row is a selection box that probably says "Never Activate"; change that to "Always Activate" and you should be good to go.

Level 5 19,049 posts since
Sep 5, 2009

I assume you are using the InteriorReviewer.  It has vastly improved over the years, but it is still not perfect. If you cannot find the issues, submit the book for review, and you'll get a somewhat cryptic review letter.  That might help, if all else fails.

Walton

Bleeds,  free, 91 page guide to bleeds, margins, covers, and annotated CreateSpace guidelines. Prepress Glossary: free, 79 page, fully illustrated prepress glossary with annotations for  CreateSpace users Type & Typography: free, 112 page illustrated guide to designing books, typography, with glossary, and type specimen pages  Free: list of free PDF downloads; selfpublishingforum: spam free forum. Contact  for graphics, design, and typesetting help.

Level 0 1 posts since
Dec 3, 2012

I have seen a number of questions about the Flash issue, but no solutions. I have tried all of the suggestions, tried using a different computer and browser, tried uploading a different book, installed & reinstalled Flash several times, but have not gotten beyond the error message that says I need to update flash. Is CS aware of the number of people reporting this problem?

I'd hate to think going back to Lulu is the best choice. Until very recently I found CS to be superior.

Level 4 2,316 posts since
Feb 7, 2015

But have you enabled Flash in your browsers' settings? Flash is disabled by default in most browsers.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...