Skip navigation

This Question is Answered (go to answer)

1 "helpful" answer available (5 pts)
238 Views 3 Replies Last post: Sep 15, 2017 5:30 AM by travis.thompson RSS
Level 0 4 posts since
Jul 30, 2017
Currently Being Moderated

Sep 13, 2017 11:35 AM

Using CreateSpace Interior Template and still have bleeding errors!

I've tried to format my childrens book at least 10 different times. I've submitted PDFs from Word, Powerpoint and Photoshop. I've created an 8.5 x 11 childrens picture book. I've played with the sizes, inputting them into documents that have additonal space for margins etc. I've even used CreateSpaces interior template in Word to format half of those times and I still get an error about not enough bleeding. I attempted to bypass the Interior Review and submit but it was still kicked back because of bleeding. It's becoming frustrating because I'm using their template and importing my pictures and sizes them to the edge of the document and still getting error messages. 

Please help.

Travis

Level 5 5,992 posts since
Mar 10, 2012
1. Sep 13, 2017 1:12 PM in response to: travis.thompson
Re: Using CreateSpace Interior Template and still have bleeding errors!

The templates are not designed for bleed, for bleed you need to add .25 height and .125 width to the page size and increase your top bottom and outer margins by .125 each

Level 5 3,617 posts since
Feb 1, 2011
2. Sep 13, 2017 6:13 PM in response to: travis.thompson
Re: Using CreateSpace Interior Template and still have bleeding errors!

In addition to what R.C. said, it would probably help you out to go to the "Books" "Publish a Trade Paperback" area (above, left portion of page) and once you get there, to go to the Interior Tab and download the "CreateSpace PDF Submission Specification".  After you download it, you should read it and you will learn all about bleed (in addition to lots of other stuff).  After reading it, do not delete it, but save it and make reference to it whenever you have a question.  It is the bible for getting something published here.

Dan'l

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...