This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (10 pts)
962 Views 14 Replies Last post: Sep 22, 2017 10:34 PM by babley RSS
Level 0 5 posts since
Nov 26, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Sep 14, 2017 2:41 AM

1st Book Published, Need Reviewers

Nearly 20 yars ago,  I had a dream which led to writing a story, that grew into a screenplay, then into a trillogy. Spent years working on writing for film, and after 10 years finished the first story. Then decided to shelf it in lieu of writing the novels, and seven years later with four books written, having done the cover art myself, I officially published Book One on August 21st 2017. Got my web site up and running, all links to Createspace and Amazon are working, Kindle version ready to go, created Amazon author pages for the UK, Germany, France and Japan (with the bio translated) utilizing social media... but what I would really like is feedback.

I looked (briefly) into book reviewers, and my research suggests not to pay (having worked in the entertainment business I know there are a lot of companies that were set up to make money off of aspiring artists/writers inexperienced in the ways of scamming, which is now an industry unto itself) as most of those types of reviews can get a book blacklisted from being reviewed by credible leaders of the industry. I plan to delve more deeply into a marketing strategy and research, going to restart my blog, but would like right now are honest book reviewers.

Anyone interested can check out my website complete with two chapter excerpts previews here http://alexpink3.wixsite.com/bstwi

Any suggestions?

Level 2 647 posts since
Jul 18, 2009
1. Sep 14, 2017 3:13 PM in response to: AlexAlpha
Re: 1st Book Published, Need Reviewers

Placing a link to your website(great as it is), on here is not the way to go, perhaps even contravening forum rules? Not too sure. Better to provide a link to your Amazon listing and let everyone go to the 'look Inside' feature to check out your book. I have provided it HERE for you. Great cover BTW. I will have a read when I get the chance and if I find it agreeable, I will leave a review. I will say that your blurb needs a bit of work. A bit confusing when you use the word PtahGen and then change it to ProtoGen later, if I am reading that correctly. The sentence with the ' nightly Dream the Nine telepathically' is not structured correctly. That alone may turn readers off.

Cheers, and good luck with your book.

Joe.

Level 1 4 posts since
Jul 4, 2012
3. Sep 14, 2017 4:05 PM in response to: AlexAlpha

Hello, I would love to review your book. I am not by any means in the review business, but I do like to read. I read your first chapter from your web page. I like your voice. You are very descriptive. Some critics would say it slows the action, but I am not one of those critics. I love a read that sets the feel and mood of the flow. I did see in that first chapter, a few errors in your dialogue--namely: quotations, but your story is interesting. I find it also interesting that you use the character names of Archangels, and it intrigues me to read more and discover why. I too am a writer and have a series of novels that deal with characters using the names of angels. My series, also in the genre of science fiction, starts with the book "Raphael" and Raphael's ability to heal. I too am looking for interested readers to review my novels--I have three published on Amazon. A little quid pro quo if you are interested. By the way great cover.

Level 1 4 posts since
Jul 4, 2012
5. Sep 14, 2017 5:58 PM in response to: AlexAlpha

I went to your web site and read the previews there first, but when I went to Amazon.com and read the preview there, I saw the difference. The type in the web preview didn't show the italisied print. Your book looks like a good read, so I will will give it a go and I will give it an honest review. Book one "Raphael" by John Romstadt if you get a chance to read it. Thanks.

Level 2 647 posts since
Jul 18, 2009
6. Sep 14, 2017 7:31 PM in response to: poet4u22

Be very careful about reciprocal reviews my friends. Amazon has some very clever bots that detect reciprocal reviews and reviews from family and friends. You could both be removed and banned from Amazon for doing so. Better to be safe than sorry.

Level 1 4 posts since
Jul 4, 2012
7. Sep 14, 2017 8:26 PM in response to: Phoenix61

Thanks for the heads up. I didn't read anything about reciprocal reviews. It does say something about potential customers. Do they monitor private messaging?

Level 2 647 posts since
Jul 18, 2009
10. Sep 14, 2017 11:24 PM in response to: AlexAlpha

Your welcome. I am a huge sci-fi fan, so will def get around to having a read of your preview when I have the time.

Joe.

Level 1 4 posts since
Jul 4, 2012
11. Sep 15, 2017 11:55 AM in response to: AlexAlpha

Alexander, I hope you don't think I was looking to exchange favorable reviews. There is no growth in that. I will always appreciate honest reviews, how better to improve your craft. Whether you do or don't purchase my book doesn't change anything. I will always give an honest review. Thanks, Joe for your input. I haven't created a web page yet, but it is on my to-do list. Anyway, hope things are cleared up now.  John

Level 0 8 posts since
Oct 24, 2015
12. Sep 19, 2017 10:30 PM in response to: Phoenix61

You can get your choice review in science fiction and fantasy, public link.

Level 0 3 posts since
Sep 22, 2017
13. Sep 22, 2017 5:16 AM in response to: AlexAlpha

Hi everyone) i am really glad to be here)

Level 0 8 posts since
Oct 24, 2015
14. Sep 22, 2017 10:34 PM in response to: AlexAlpha

Thanks

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...