Skip navigation

This Question is Answered (go to answer)

1 "helpful" answer available (5 pts)
209 Views 4 Replies Last post: Sep 14, 2017 7:51 AM by hochocho RSS
Level 0 40 posts since
Feb 24, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Sep 14, 2017 6:40 AM

Printed by Createspace - last page of proof

Hi, folks -

Been a few years since I used Createspace. I noticed in my electronic proof copies (PDF and CS' digital proofer) that on the last page there is a 'PROOF Printed by Createspace'.

Just wanted to be sure that this doesn't show up in the final post-approval paperback. Can somebody please confirm?

Thanks in advance.

Level 5 4,976 posts since
Jan 17, 2010
1. Sep 14, 2017 6:56 AM in response to: hochocho
Re: Printed by Createspace - last page of proof

Correct - PROOF only appears in proof copies. Once you approve the proof, that goes away, although they will still print a barcode and printing information on the last page, which they use to match the interior book block to the cover.

Sarah
Editor & Book Designer
http://sleepingcatbooks.com
Find us on Facebook

Learning French? Try our bilingual English-French series

Self-publishing forum

Level 5 5,992 posts since
Mar 10, 2012
3. Sep 14, 2017 7:47 AM in response to: hochocho
Re: Printed by Createspace - last page of proof

It is normal for a single sheet to be added for the barcode. The barcode page will not have any reference to CS directly it will have the barcode some production tracking codes and the line Printed in _____ (the blank being the city and state of the print facility used)

Note that the above is for books printed through a CS print facility. In some cases (Extended Distribution, UK/EU sales, and if production times are too long at CS) they can and will outsource to 3rd party printers (usually Ingram but not always). In these cases the barcode page is slightly different and usually wont have the location of the facility listed.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...