Skip navigation
222 Views 5 Replies Last post: Oct 8, 2017 10:09 AM by walton RSS
Level 0 15 posts since
Jul 24, 2017
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 7, 2017 9:46 AM

Modification after publication

Hello dear companions CreateSpace.
The book I created with CreateSpace has been on Amazon for a few days. I ordered a copy to be able to send it to the BNF in order to obtain "The Legal Deposit" to mention it on my book.
Could I intervene on my CreateSpace account to add this mention (mandatory, I believe, in France). If so, during the modification, is my book always available on the Amazon site? If not, how long will it be available again? Thank you for your reply.
Level 3 430 posts since
Dec 13, 2011
1. Oct 7, 2017 5:18 PM in response to: Nathaliy
Re: Modification after publication

You can upload a new interior file whenever you want to make small changes. The new interior file will have to go through review, and for the time that this takes, the book will not be available for sale on Amazon.

Level 5 3,968 posts since
Oct 27, 2010
3. Oct 7, 2017 10:01 PM in response to: Nathaliy

Double plus!

Level 2 119 posts since
Jun 20, 2017
4. Oct 8, 2017 8:21 AM in response to: KikayonPub
T he new interior file will have to go through review, and for the time that this takes, the book will not be available for sale on Amazon.

So figure two days to be on the safe side. Things may go faster if you do this early in the week.

Good luck! -- NJ

Notjohn's Guide to E-Book & Print Formatting: http://viewbook.at/notjohn

The blog: http://notjohnkdp.blogspot.com

Level 5 18,913 posts since
Sep 5, 2009
5. Oct 8, 2017 10:09 AM in response to: Notjohn

When I have reluctantly done this for clents, I'd guess the average time between uploading the revised file and approving the digital proof is about 12 hours.  (Allowing 2 days is good, and veing wary of holidays and huricanes is good.)

I don't like doing this because I know of four books where the revised file did not replace the previous file. One case where both existed in the system.  How do I know?  One was a book I was working on.  It was a rush job, no time for a printed proof. I say the updated, correct digital proof. She saw the previous proof.  I signed out, signed back in and I saw the previous proof.  When I called CustomerService, I had the correct proof.  "Impossible . . . can't happen . . . never!"  But it does happen.  So the best thing is to order a printed proof.  If time doesn't permit, approve the digital file, then order a printed copy.

Walton

Bleeds,  free, 91 page guide to bleeds, margins, covers, and annotated CreateSpace guidelines. Prepress Glossary: free, 79 page, fully illustrated prepress glossary with annotations for  CreateSpace users Type & Typography: free, 112 page illustrated guide to designing books, typography, with glossary, and type specimen pages  Free: list of free PDF downloads; selfpublishingforum: spam free forum. Contact  for graphics, design, and typesetting help.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...