Skip navigation

This Question is Answered (go to answer)

2 "helpful" answers available (5 pts)
207 Views 4 Replies Last post: Oct 7, 2017 10:16 AM by awin RSS
Level 0 61 posts since
May 31, 2017
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 1, 2017 1:36 PM

What coloring medium is best for covor image that looks like it is colored

Hi,

Thanks to all of you for help. Here's my question: On the front cover of my coloring book Fashion Through the

Ages, I want an image that looks colored. What is the best medium to use to color that image, colored pencils? or felt tip pens, or what???

Dan

Level 3 429 posts since
Dec 13, 2011
1. Oct 2, 2017 8:49 AM in response to: thestoryguy
Re: What coloring medium is best for covor image that looks like it is colored

Are you planning to hand-color a drawing and then scan it? In theory, you would just  use the medium that gives the result that you want. Sometimes shading effects don't scan perfectly, so you might need to try different scan settings. For example, I recently needed to scan a certificate that has both lettering and graphics. The graphics scan best with a photo setting, but the lettering is better when it's scanned as an illustration.

Level 3 429 posts since
Dec 13, 2011
3. Oct 2, 2017 12:38 PM in response to: thestoryguy

I'm saying to try scanning it both ways.

Level 1 20 posts since
Sep 19, 2017
4. Oct 7, 2017 10:16 AM in response to: thestoryguy

Why not try coloring part of the image with felt tip pens, part with colored pencils, part with crayons just to see how the colors/textures look after the colored-in picture is scanned.

For the cover itself, you could consider having most but not all of the picture colored, and/or have the title/author in outline letters so those names are colored in too.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...