Skip navigation
142 Views 3 Replies Last post: Oct 13, 2017 7:38 AM by awin RSS
Level 0 61 posts since
May 31, 2017
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 12, 2017 1:42 PM

I would like to convert my ebook cover to a cover for CreateSpace.

I like the cover for my ebook and now would like to convert it to CreateSpace. I have my interior text formatted and ready to go. Are their sources that will convert your ebook cover to a print ready cover for a CreateSpace paperback?

Dan

Level 4 1,571 posts since
Aug 30, 2010
1. Oct 12, 2017 4:41 PM in response to: thestoryguy
Re: I would like to convert my ebook cover to a cover for CreateSpace.

Hi Dan,

Yes, there are many service providers who can do this. You can do it yourself quite simply, too. Using CreateSpace's online Cover Creator, and the Pine template (I think it's Pine), you can simply upload your existing cover image.

https://www.createspace.com/Tools/CoverCreator.jsp

Of course, your e-book cover might not meet the technical requirements. It might be too small (e.g. for a trim size of 6" x 9" it would need to be 1838 pixels wide and 2775 pixels tall [6.125 x 300 = 1837.5, 9.25 x 300 = 2775]). There might be live elements too close to the edge (this is not a restriction for e-book covers, but is for print). You should check.

An alternative to CreateSpace's Cover Creator is to do it in a graphics program like Photoshop or GIMP, or a Desktop Publishing program like Scribus or InDesign, using one of my templates (link below). If you can't do it yourself, there are people here who can do it for you. At a pinch, I could.

Cheers,

Steve - bookow.com - painless print & e-book formatting

Level 1 24 posts since
Sep 19, 2017
3. Oct 13, 2017 7:38 AM in response to: thestoryguy
Re: I would like to convert my ebook cover to a cover for CreateSpace.

Keep in mind that the ebook cover image is the front cover only.  What are you planning to have on the spine and back?  The answer to that question will determine how much work is involved.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...