Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (10 pts) 2 "helpful" answers available (5 pts)
16,468 Views 44 Replies Last post: Oct 30, 2017 11:28 PM by Bruce_M. RSS Go to original post
  1 2 3 Previous Next
Level 0 44 posts since
Jul 29, 2014
Currently Being Moderated
30. Jul 23, 2017 3:57 AM in response to: Seisa
Re: Advertising my paper book on Amazon?

Seisa, I can find my books but I'm not able to run Sponsored Ads because the button to do this is grayed out. :/ (for other products it seems to work but not for CS books)

Level 0 44 posts since
Jul 29, 2014
31. Jul 23, 2017 4:23 AM in response to: Steno

Edit: I get the message: "Product (ASIN) is not qualified"

Level 2 483 posts since
Sep 11, 2013
32. Jul 23, 2017 5:03 AM in response to: Phototransformations

I see that others have solved the issue of creating an ebook of a colouring book.  Essentially they have created a free ebook version which looks like the paperback but has clear notes that it can't be coloured on the kindle,  the paperback version appears in the same Amazon entry. if you search colouring books on the kindle store you will see what I mean.

cherrs. Ed

Level 2 483 posts since
Sep 11, 2013
33. Jul 23, 2017 10:00 AM in response to: ozed

A related follow up for producers of colouring books who think that ebooks won't work. The images in an ebook on the kindle app on iPad can be coloured. Not directly in the ebook of course but on the iPad .  Just had a little experiment and this worked.  Do a print screen copy of the image in the book which will then be on the camera roll.  I used brushes but it should still work with paint and so on.  Open a new canvas and paste the image on to and scribble away to your hearts content.  Would obviously work better with a proper drawing stylus than the stubby thing I was using.  So there you go a new hobby- dot to dot or whatever on the iPad.

cheers. Ed

Level 0 18 posts since
May 16, 2011
34. Jul 23, 2017 11:51 AM in response to: StuSegal

I've seen other coloring books converted to free Kindle versions. When I looked at this a few months ago, I saw some books negatively reviewed because the Kindle version was thought to be a bait-and-switch. I'll have to look again. Maybe coloring book buyers are on to this, now, and perhaps some of them have figured out the color-the-screenshot idea suggested earlier in this thread and are happy to get a free iPad book.

I don't understand why Amazon doesn't simply make it easy to advertise print-only books. That would solve this entire problem and make them more sales and advertising dollars. But they know how to make money in ways most of us can't imagine, so perhaps they've concluded it's not cost effective.

Level 0 3 posts since
Feb 6, 2015
35. Oct 29, 2017 7:06 AM in response to: StuSegal

There WAS a way! And I can confirm this with a screenshot!

When AMS was first launched I WAS ABLE to create a campaign for my Createspace book!

The campaign was successful and I can still run it, BUT now I can't add any new books. I think it was a glitch initially, but when I contact either AMS or KDP or anyone, no one has an answer for me as to why I can't add any new paperback to advertise.

The routine went like this - I contact AMS and they say contact KDP or Createspace. When I contact either, they say contact AMS, it's a closed loop and I gave up trying to reach a concrete answer.

Here's a screenshot of my Createspace book ad as proof this is possible - https://imgur.com/a/i1cxN

This is the book I was advertising - https://www.amazon.com/Umma-Gamma-Experimental-Collage-Coloring/dp/1523827173/ref=asap_bc?ie=UTF8

I say we authors need to band together and somehow collectively demand Amazon explain why they already have the built-in capability to adtervise paperbacks on AMS but are witholding it.

I know I could definitely use it to advertise because it gets you results.

Anyone here wants to somehow try to get an answer from Amazon about this?

Level 4 2,929 posts since
Feb 7, 2015
36. Oct 29, 2017 11:10 AM in response to: smokyfish

smokyfish wrote:

I say we authors need to band together and somehow collectively demand Amazon explain why they already have the built-in capability to adtervise paperbacks on AMS but are witholding it.

I'll get the torches, you get the pitchforks.

Level 5 4,128 posts since
Oct 27, 2010
37. Oct 29, 2017 9:05 PM in response to: smokyfish

Did you spend $250+ to get $480 in sales? Weren't you going backwards at this rate?

Level 4 2,558 posts since
Jul 2, 2011
38. Oct 30, 2017 5:03 AM in response to: Maaku

Ugh, yeah.

The $480 figure represents gross sales amount.  Figuring net profits based on royalty %,  the author actually lost money.

Level 0 3 posts since
Feb 6, 2015
39. Oct 30, 2017 5:06 AM in response to: Oreohelix

You know what?????
My entire point was about the fact THAT YOU CAN ADVERTISE PAPERBACK ON AMS!
If all you want to do is complain about how I LOST MONEY instead OF HOW TO GET AMAZON TO OPEN THIS FEATURE FOR YOU SO YOU CAN TRY IT, then GO AHEAD.

I TRIED TO SHARE MY EXPERIENCE TO PROVE SOMETHING ELSE. ALL YOU CAN DO IS DISCUSS HOW I LOST MONEY? I DON"T CARE I PUT A LOW PRICE ON MY BOOK MY REAL CONCERN WAS EXPOSURE!

SO YOU ALL CAN GO TO ****

Level 0 3 posts since
Feb 6, 2015
40. Oct 30, 2017 5:06 AM in response to: Maaku

You know what?????
My entire point was about the fact THAT YOU CAN ADVERTISE PAPERBACK ON AMS!
If all you want to do is complain about how I LOST MONEY instead OF HOW TO GET AMAZON TO OPEN THIS FEATURE FOR YOU SO YOU CAN TRY IT, then GO AHEAD.

I TRIED TO SHARE MY EXPERIENCE TO PROVE SOMETHING ELSE. ALL YOU CAN DO IS DISCUSS HOW I LOST MONEY? I DON"T CARE I PUT A LOW PRICE ON MY BOOK MY REAL CONCERN WAS EXPOSURE!

Level 4 2,929 posts since
Feb 7, 2015
42. Oct 30, 2017 10:50 AM in response to: smokyfish

smokyfish wrote:

Vegas? Hawaii? Paris? Des Moines?

Level 5 4,128 posts since
Oct 27, 2010
43. Oct 30, 2017 7:38 PM in response to: smokyfish

I get the impression you are more angry with us for asking whether you lost money than you are for actually losing the money. My reason for asking is that I am happy to campaign for something that is both realistic and worthwhile. I never thought it was realistic, and now it doesn't seem worthwhile either. I can only imagine that my rational application of personal criteria to decision making will cause you further anger but I don't feel any regret about that.

Level 0 23 posts since
Jun 15, 2015
44. Oct 30, 2017 11:28 PM in response to: Lorem_Ipsum

I hear Grand Rapids is nice this time o' year =)

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...