Skip navigation
This discussion is archived
855 Views 5 Replies Last post: Nov 4, 2017 6:57 PM by Maaku RSS
Level 0 3 posts since
Aug 26, 2017
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 3, 2017 5:34 AM

I just uploaded preview - would such a book appeal to you?

Greetings Everyone,

I just uploaded the one-page synopsis of the historical essay that I am about to publish.

https://www.createspace.com/Preview/1234135

What kind of appeal could such a work have among the general public, as it was written more specifically for someone having an interest in the history of religions? Regardless of your stance on the topic, I would be extremely grateful if you could take a minute to download and then answer the few questions.

Kind regards,

Bernard Lamborelle

Level 3 854 posts since
Jul 18, 2009
1. Nov 3, 2017 2:24 PM in response to: blambore
Re: I just uploaded preview - would such a book appeal to you?

Most of the punters on here will not download a file that has no protection. You would be better off cutting and pasting your piece into the preview text box if you want people to have a look. I can tell you without reading a single word other than the blurb, though, that the book would not appeal to me. You have a typo in the blurb BTW.

Level 5 4,129 posts since
Oct 27, 2010
3. Nov 3, 2017 6:51 PM in response to: blambore

Yes, create a whole new preview. Don't expect much feedback, though. The reasons are:

1. Few are interested.
  2. Criticism often elicits spite.
  3. Religious themes are disproportionately promoted.
  4. Religious themes are contentious.

By 'disproportionate'' I mean relative to their numbers (I guess religious authors are more ardent about promotion). By 'contentious' I mean that, despite the unofficial rule that religion and politics are proscribed subjects on this forum, philosophical disagreements are inclined to break out.

Level 5 4,129 posts since
Oct 27, 2010
5. Nov 4, 2017 6:57 PM in response to: blambore

blambore wrote:

I do not think of this work as being religious (despite the subject being religion), but rather scientific and historical.

Good distinction to make. I did wonder whether that was your angle.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...