Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

This Question is Answered (go to answer)

1,737 Views 7 Replies Last post: Nov 10, 2017 3:29 AM by ACdeFombelle RSS
Level 5 6,015 posts since
Mar 10, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 7, 2017 12:29 PM

Macmillan closing Pronoun - options

With today's anouncement that Macmillan will be shutting down Pronoun as an ebook aggregator and Google Play no longer accepting new publishers directly what do you feel the best option into the Google Play store is?

StreetLib seems to be the most common option I've seen but their royalty rates are certainly not up to what Pronoun was offering.

Level 4 2,667 posts since
Jul 2, 2011
1. Nov 7, 2017 1:55 PM in response to: R.C.
Re: Macmillan closing Pronoun - options

Streetlib is awesome.

Their distribution is incredible, and their analytics is the best I've seen.

They handle both ebooks and print, all free, with free ISBNs.  The print service has no setup charge if you use their tools to make the interior.  The epub process is worlds better than Smashwords.

Their customer service is...human and kind.

Level 4 2,667 posts since
Jul 2, 2011
3. Nov 7, 2017 2:46 PM in response to: R.C.

Me too.  That was one of the reasons I checked into Streetlib, they distribute to GPlay.

GPlay is a good venue for selling fiction, but in my experience not so much for non-fiction.

Others may have different experiences.

Level 5 15,637 posts since
May 4, 2008
4. Nov 7, 2017 6:05 PM in response to: R.C.

I was so bummed by this announcement. I’ve spent weeks uploading my 60-odd titles there.

I’ve also looked at Streetlib — Bowker has been advertising them on their site. I hope they stay independent — all the good services get bought up and then shut down. I’d prefer to go direct (I have a Google Play account), but it makes doing promos a PITA.

Michelle

-------------

Odyssey Publishing -- editing, cover design and book formatting services to help you on your publishing journey.

Odyssey Books -- quality fiction and non-fiction -- where books are an adventure!

Level 0 2 posts since
Jun 14, 2016
5. Nov 8, 2017 8:56 AM in response to: Oreohelix

Wow thank you so much for this warm review! I'm AC, from StreetLib and it always makes my heart melt when I read StreetLibers' feedback. By the way, we are working on a tool (should be available by the end of the week) to make the transfer from Pronoun to StreetLib as easy as possible. I can link the presentation here when it's ready if useful to you!

And, of course, feel free to ask anything, I'll be happy to help.

Level 0 2 posts since
Jun 14, 2016
7. Nov 10, 2017 3:29 AM in response to: R.C.

Hello there!

Here we are: our Pronoun importer is now live, I presented it on our blog here

I hope this helps! and I'm available to answer any questions of course.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...