Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

This Question is Answered (go to answer)

2 "helpful" answers available (5 pts)
664 Views 6 Replies Last post: Nov 16, 2017 12:16 PM by D.T. RSS
Level 0 14 posts since
Sep 11, 2017
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 16, 2017 7:59 AM

Cover

Can someone help me please? I want to publish my book in a trim size:5.1"*7.8" which is 130mm*198mm.

I made my fron cover and back cover in Adobe CS4 Illustrator according to this measurements. When I upload these files to 'Build Your Cover Online' section to Palm 5.06*7.81 Spineless, then the images will not be visible exactly as they are on the originalones. They are not central but I do not have a chance to move them in Createspace. What do I do wrong? Should I use different sizes in Illustrator? I tried the other Palm 5.06*7.81 Spineless where I can upload my file I made back cover, spine and front covertogether. Similar problem occurs. It do not show the image as it is the originalone. It has cutoff from both sides. What do I wrong and how could I correct it? And onemore question. Can all this have anything to do with I have notuploaded the inerior of the book? AmI alowed to deal with the cover first? The reason I want to do this because this seems to be not as simple as I though it would be.

Level 5 5,668 posts since
Jan 17, 2010
1. Nov 16, 2017 8:29 AM in response to: D.T.
Re: Cover

Get a cover template from https://www.bookow.com/resources.php#cs-cover-template-generator. Open that in Illustrator and build your full cover as a new layer on the template. Make sure that you completely cover the pink bleed areas. Save the cover as a PDF and upload that (do not use the Cover Creator).

Sarah
Editor & Book Designer
http://sleepingcatbooks.com
Find us on Facebook

Learning French? Try our bilingual English-French series

Self-publishing forum

Level 5 3,881 posts since
Feb 1, 2011
5. Nov 16, 2017 11:49 AM in response to: D.T.
Re: Cover

I suggest that you READ what it says on the template.  It specifically says "your background artwork must fill the red area".  Sorry, but I have very little patience for people who do not read the simple one line instructions they are provided with!

Dan'l

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...