Skip navigation
This discussion is archived
541 Views 2 Replies Last post: Nov 20, 2017 11:10 AM by resplendeo RSS
Level 0 2 posts since
Nov 20, 2017
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 20, 2017 8:51 AM

publishing 2 versions of the same book - British and US spelling

Hi, I just finished writing my first children's book and I'm ready to get it published on createspace.

It's called "What's your favourite animal", but really it should be called "What's your favorite animal" for the US market :-)

I'm based in the UK. In the book I mention explicitly that the main characters are based in the UK. My local readers would frown upon the American spelling. Likewise US readers might not favour (should I say favor?) the British spelling.

Can I publish 2 versions of the same book, one for amazon UK and one for amazon US? Can the 2 versions share the same ISBN?

Level 5 3,871 posts since
Feb 1, 2011
Currently Being Moderated
1. Nov 20, 2017 9:19 AM in response to: resplendeo
Re: publishing 2 versions of the same book - British and US spelling

Can I publish 2 versions of the same book?   Yes

one for amazon UK and one for amazon US? - but both of them will appear on each amazon website unless you make the distribution options different

Can the 2 versions share the same ISBN?  No

Just do the British English edition and forget about the American English version.  I believe that every American recognizes Br. Eng. when they see it, they know favourite vs. favorite, colour vs. color, theatre vs. theater, lorry vs. truck and so on.  It won't be a problem and it will kill you trying to find EVERY item of Br. Eng. in your book and change it to Am. English .

Dan'l

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...