Skip navigation

This Question is Answered (go to answer)

483 Views 8 Replies Last post: Nov 23, 2017 12:24 PM by okoboji.kid RSS
Level 0 5 posts since
Nov 5, 2017
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 22, 2017 4:48 PM

Two ISBN's on same book? Adobe FlashDrive update..

I put out my first book on Amazon e-book (KDP) first about two months ago and received an ISBN from them. No naturally, I used them again to do the printed version (again, KDP), only to discover they can't send me authors copies at cost. At least not at the present time. I moved to have Create Space help me do this. My Amazon assigned ISBN number was rejected and apparently I need to update my Adobe Flashdrive. I click the link, but it won't download. Can anyone inform me what I may need to do? I'd sure appreciate it. Thanks.

Level 5 4,204 posts since
Oct 27, 2010
1. Nov 22, 2017 5:32 PM in response to: okoboji.kid
Re: Two ISBN's on same book? Adobe FlashDrive update..

We've learnt that CreateSpace will not accept an ISBN issued for a KDP print book. They probably could, but they won't. Maybe you can twist their arm hard enough to change this rule, but I wouldn't bother. Get a new free ISBN instead.

I have no idea what your flashdrive has to do with this. Or what link you are speaking of. Are you implying that you are having general problems with online processes?

Level 5 4,204 posts since
Oct 27, 2010
2. Nov 22, 2017 5:35 PM in response to: Maaku

PS. If you only need to use CreateSpace to get a cheap copy for yourself, you can do that without going on to release the book through CreateSpace. This will make things simpler for your customers.

Level 4 2,512 posts since
Feb 7, 2015
3. Nov 22, 2017 5:58 PM in response to: okoboji.kid

Amazon assigned an ISBN for an ebook?! That's a new on on me. It's my understanding they'll assign an ASIN, but not an ISBN, although they'll allow you to use your own ISBN for your ebook if you want it to have one.

Adobe Flashdrive? What the heck is that?

Level 5 5,218 posts since
Jan 17, 2010
4. Nov 23, 2017 6:13 AM in response to: okoboji.kid

I think you probably mean Adobe Flash Player. You can download the latest version from https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/. Be aware that many browsers disable Flash by default, so you'll have to search the internet for instructions for activating Flash in your browser.

Sarah
Editor & Book Designer
http://sleepingcatbooks.com
Find us on Facebook

Learning French? Try our bilingual English-French series

Self-publishing forum

Level 5 5,218 posts since
Jan 17, 2010
7. Nov 23, 2017 8:09 AM in response to: okoboji.kid

okoboji.kid wrote:

Is signing up with CreateSpace breaking all the rules, with a IBSN?

Nope. Just don't enable any sales channels for the CreateSpace version, use a free CS ISBN, and order all the copies you want.

Sarah
Editor & Book Designer
http://sleepingcatbooks.com
Find us on Facebook

Learning French? Try our bilingual English-French series

Self-publishing forum

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...